• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing adjusting a trigger on an fn pbr

txfireman

Private
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2009
wichita falls,texas
i was wondering how hard it is to adjust a trigger on an fn pbr. i was a mechanic while i was in college, so i am fairly mechanically inclined. i just have never adjusted a trigger before. is this something that someone could walk me through? or do i just need to send itoff somewhere?

Re: adjusting a trigger on an fn pbr

well, i got it adjusted, and dang it was sooo easy!!! i will have to get a trigger scale to see where the pull is at, but it sure feels pretty good. thanks so much for the advise

Make sure you use nail polish to lock it up.And with it cocked bang it on the ground a bit and manipulate the safety to make sure you have enough sear engagement.

Trigger work should be followed by a serious attempt to make the fire control safety features fail. My methods are as follows, first method: cock rifle, engage safety, firmly pull trigger, release trigger, release safety. Striker should not release. Now, second method: with rifle cocked, bang the butt plate down firmly on a hard floor a half dozen times. Striker should not release.

If the striker releases under either condition, sear engagement is insufficient.

Most of us don't rely on a safety, and base our safety on safe handling practices. That's fine, among our number.

But safeties still need to be properly functional.

The reason being that as long as it's possible foe another to get their hands on the firearm, a malfunctioning safety is in invitation to liability. In essence, you're betting the farm on a piece of faulty machinery.

Greg

i have gone a little to far with adjusting and had the sear release when closing the bolt,i do all of the above and cycle the firearm rapidly several time to insurethat it doesnot slamfire i guess would be the right word.

well, after spiking the gun on the ground a few times, testing the safety, and rapidly cycling the bolt, i am fairly certain that i have successfully adjusted trigger. thanks guys for all yalls help, especially dmg308 for the instructions!!!