• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

adjusting jamison

hessian

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2011
oregon
So, I bought some Jamison 408 to break in my rifle. It could be me. It could be the rifle ,or the ammo. Erratic results. I'm getting about 15% duds. Member NotA Guru, said that 1-6 off lands was optimum, so I'm resetting the OAL to get there.I'm having some difficulty assessing the results.Search did not yield enlightenment. Anyone using factory 408CT from Jamison experiencing anomalous results? I am getting a variety of OAL after reseating the bullets, so maybe the pill ain't as good as advertised? I am not used to , nor understand having having a round go off into outer bumfuck for no discernible reason. Shooting Lawton 310. Thanks,Art

Re: adjusting jamison

I have shot the factory Jamison loaded 408`s loaded with 131.5grs of RL-25 which is way to hot by the way. Around 127-128grs is max but they shot terrible. About 8" at 200yds with EDM 408. Marc Jamison said they are loaded hot on purpose to destroy the brass (strech primer pocket) for military. Always use Fed 215 primer only. That will fix duds.