• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Adjusting parallex/focus on Leupolds?

scout1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2006
Apache County,Arizona
I want to mount a Leupold 4.5-14x40 Long Range (side focus) on a rimfire. Problem is the focus range via the side knob is from 75 yards out to infinity. I need for the range to start at about 25 yards.

I spoke to Leupold about this and the tech said that they can adjust this for a range of 25 yards out to 110 yards. That just dosen"t sound right. Going from infinity to 110 yards on the far end, when only dropping from 75 yards to 25 yards on the near end. Not very wide range.

Has anyone ever had this done? The service is only $14.99 from Leupold. Is this done by removing the side knob and re-positioning it?

I currently have a 4.5-14x40 Adj.Obj. on the rifle now (robbed from another rifle) and it works fine. But I really want to mount the scope in question.

Any input would really help.

scout1

Re: Adjusting parallex/focus on Leupolds?

A lot of scopes won't focus up close, especially those meant for centerfire, as there is only so much travel available. Adjusting to be able to focus at 25 yards may just put the far end at 110 yards, and I seriously doubt it is as simple as re-positioning the knob.

When shooting up close, adjust focus as close as you can and drop power to lowest setting. It still won't be in focus, but should be good enough to see what you're shooting at. At least that's what I do....

Cheers,

Bill

Re: Adjusting parallex/focus on Leupolds?

Thats why Leupold makes the EFR designed for .22's and air rifles.