• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing adjusting X-mark trigger..

keith jones

Minuteman
Sep 14, 2010
Bulls Gap,TN
I have the X-mark trigger on my Rem.700. I am wanting to adjust it but don't know if it will adjust like old style. Its not XMark Pro with set screw in trigger, just said X-Mark on the tags. Looks similar to old style. Thanks

Yeah from what I have been reading on here I just need to get an aftermarket.Was just hoping could do something with it for now.

I screwed with the Pro model never could get it decent, just get a new aftermarket, not worth the time or wasted ammo to mess around with it.

Some good info:

X Mark Pro Triggers - 24hourcampfire

No. 9. M-700 X-Mark Pro Adjustable Install a Light Trigger Spring

This info is for the X-Mark Pro, but the standard X-Mark can be adjusted in the same fashion (use the front lower screw to adjust pull weight). I typically leave the sear engagement and overtravel screws alone.

If you have modest expectations for trigger pull weight (like a usable "field" setting of ~3lbs), then I see little reason to replace the X-Mark trigger. GA Precision apparently agrees, as they shipped a new rifle to me with an X-Mark trigger installed.