• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ADM or ADAC?

SkepticalTiger

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2022
Austin,TX
Between these two lowers for a 12.5" / 11.5 pistol build. Cost isn't really a factor between these two rather functionality.

ADM:
+ tad lighter
+ bolt catch / release isn't married to the mag release
- proprietary bolt catch means I'm stuck with it
- right side of ambi controls different motion than the left (flipping up and down vs pushing a button)

ADAC:
+ simpler / quicker ambi controls
+ I can mod a basic bolt catch to fit
- tad heavier
- a bit more complex

Your stuck with either bolt release as they are non replaceable with anything else. The ADM is not only a bolt release but also a bolt catch. The ADAC will only drop the bcg and cannot be manipulated to catch it.

The adac does indeed allow you to lock the bolt carrier back. All you need to do is hold in the magazine release button while you charge the gun.

Personally, I love the adac. Have a bunch of axts (now Radian) lowers. What I don’t like about them is that they’re pretty bulky. I wish Radian would do another run of the adac-enabled forged versions. I’d buy up a bunch if they did.

Reactions: tactic-als
Your stuck with either bolt release as they are non replaceable with anything else. The ADM is not only a bolt release but also a bolt catch. The ADAC will only drop the bcg and cannot be manipulated to catch it.

If you look at the bolt release it looks like a standard with a small notch cut out for the adac pin. The ADM's design is a bit different so that's why I figure you're stuck with whatever ADM has compared to ADAC requiring a little tool work.

The adac does indeed allow you to lock the bolt carrier back. All you need to do is hold in the magazine release button while you charge the gun.

Personally, I love the adac. Have a bunch of axts (now Radian) lowers. What I don’t like about them is that they’re pretty bulky. I wish Radian would do another run of the adac-enabled forged versions. I’d buy up a bunch if they did.
How bulky we talking about? You have a stripped weight comparison by chance?

Not handy. All mine are built into guns and work is silly busy right now. But, just in my opinion, the adac lower feels a bit oversized. Don’t get me wrong. Its awesome. But if you like the forged lower dimensions it’s going to be larger than you’re used to. That said it’s probably comparable to a lot of the other billet lowers on the market size-wise, so it could be a total non-issue for you.

IMO, I find the ADM to be much more intuitive/ergonomic in function. Plus the ADM's seem to be available more consistently at a lower price point than Radian with the aforementioned weight loss bonus.

I like the POF billet lowers in this regard as well and love the bolt lock inside the trigger guard. Better fit and finish but also more costly than the ADM but likely lighter than the Radian. I switch over to a non-ADM, non-ambi lower and I feel like I'm slumming it despite the "mil-spec" finish. It just works without any thought.

I have both and prefer the ADM. The controls are more natural for me and I like having the bolt catch separate from the mag release.

That said, the Radian has the spring loaded tensioning pin which I like better than the teflon tipped screw in the ADM.

I've owned both, you can't go wrong with either. I personally chose the ADAC with the now rare Umbrella Corp lower. I have no need for an ambi bolt release, but the bolt catch is convenient. Then again, I'm not a fan of the appearance of most billet receivers.

ADAC is such a hype garbage system. “Here, use another control surface usually reserved for another function! It’s great!”

Stupid.

Love my Radian ADAC lowers. Ambi bolt release and lock back is definitely fast and useful in a variety of situations. I won’t go back.