• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ADM scope mount return to zero report

6.5x47

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2011
Utah
A number of months ago I decided to try ADM (American Defense Manuf) products. I had been using their Trijicon Reddot mount and bipod mount with great success. Understanding the high cost of some of the scopes we prefer to use, I decide I wanted to try their ADM Recon SW (more width between rings) mount, place one scope in it and swap it between two different rifles. The scope is my new NF 5.5-22x56 with MOAR reticle. The first rifle is my 4+ year old 6.5x47, built by Chris Matthews ( I know Chris is in the shit house but he still built awesome rifles; I own two) based on a Surgeon SA, Krieger, 1.5 AICS combo. This rifle, when I do my part will put 5 into 3/8, CTC. The other rifle to be tested has not been built yet but will be a 338 Edge, Rem 700, 30 Bartlein StraightJacket, 2.0 AICS Hybrid. I mounted the scope/mount combo back in December and zeroed it. At the time, I didn't pay attention to how I set the mount on the pic rails and tighter down the QR levers. Yesterday, I decided to run a test where I remove and replace the scope/mount combo several times, shooting groups to see what, if any, impact changes occur. Replacing the mount on the pic rails is crucial to consistency. The technique I used was to place the mount on the same rail slot, slide the mount forward and to the left. Then, snugging the rear lever down 1/2 way, followed by the front lever. Then snugging the rear lever down all the way, followed by the front lever. This method proved it would return to zero. I place the levers on the left side.

104 yds
Wind 5-10 full value from the right.
Shot off a wobbly bench that would literally swivel left/right, thus my groups were spread out horizontally.

The 1st and 2nd group should not be considered because, again, I don't recall how I placed the mount back in December. Groups 3, 4 and 5 (yes, I mis-marked the 5th group as a 4th) prove the system is repeatable.

I also tested an ADM Recon set on my Sword Mk15 .223, holding a NF 2.5-10x22mm with NP-R2 reticle.