• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advanced Mountain Hunter March 9-10, Reno NV

WestCoastLongRange

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 16, 2022
CA
Shooting in mountain environments brings a unique set of challenges. You can find yourself shooting high angles both up and down mountainsides, shooting across canyons, or dealing with highly complex wind scenarios with changing thermals and unique terrain features. As a hunter it's rare to get to train in the type of environment we may be hunting in with similar conditions. This course is designed to change that. The range used will be at 6500 feet of elevation in true back country terrain.

Topics that will be covered:
- High angle shooting
- Reading terrain
- Wind calling
- Thermals
- Positional shooting on natural features
- Overcoming natural obstacles
- Tripod shooting
- External ballistic changes

Required Gear:
- Rifle capable of shooting 1 MOA or better
- Adjustable power scope
- 130-160 rounds of match grade ammo
- Bipod
- A tripod is highly recommended
- Shooting bag
- Hunting gear (whatever your set up is)

This is a physically intensive course. You will be hiking up and down hills and mountainsides for the duration of this course. You will need to be self sufficient with packing all your gear, food and water for this class. This is not a beginner course. This class will require you to have an understanding of shooting fundamentals and ballistic data to get the most out of this class. Cost is $675.00 for the weekend and a 50% deposit holds your spot. DM for more info or deposit details. Camping is available at the range.

Mountain Hunter.png

Do you ever come around S. Oregon or N California?
I have a private 600 acre range just outside of Sacramento that we run most of our courses at as well as PRS matches. If I could find a facility in south OR I would love to come up that way

We have 2 spots left for this truly unique course at an amazing property outside of Reno NV