• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns advanced tactical sights?

wolf10t

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2011
Anybody using these, it looks like a good concept. A single chevron sight....

Re: advanced tactical sights?

You mean <span style="font-style: italic">Advantage</span> Tactical? Interesting design but I'm more of a 3-dot or straight black sight kind of guy. They look really tall too but if you're not concealed carrying the gun that shouldn't be a problem.

http://www.advantagetactical.com/

If you were asking about the same thing that Redmanss commented on, just at first glance those things look (to me) like an impractical gimmic that you wouldn't on anything you were gonna operate with.

It actually looks like a good idea, I'm just not sure if I could make it work for me or not.

Personally, I find anything on the rear sight to be extremely annoying, and I'm surprised that anyone can shoot fast with 3-dot sights. I know they're extremely popular, but they definitely don't work for me--at all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It actually looks like a good idea, I'm just not sure if I could make it work for me or not.

Personally, I find anything on the rear sight to be extremely annoying, and I'm surprised that anyone can shoot fast with 3-dot sights. I know they're extremely popular, but they definitely don't work for me--at all. </div></div>

Yeah I find it way more natural to "make the castle" with the traditional looking pistol sights. For me, no need for any designs, dots, or colors on my pistols sights unless its night sights I suppose.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breachers Up</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It actually looks like a good idea, I'm just not sure if I could make it work for me or not.

Personally, I find anything on the rear sight to be extremely annoying, and I'm surprised that anyone can shoot fast with 3-dot sights. I know they're extremely popular, but they definitely don't work for me--at all. </div></div>

Yeah I find it way more natural to "make the castle" with the traditional looking pistol sights. For me, no need for any designs, dots, or colors on my pistols sights unless its night sights I suppose. </div></div>

If I use a night sight, it's only on the front.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breachers Up</div><div class="ubbcode-body">very economic of you. </div></div>

Actually I just like it better that way. My competition guns have a fiber optic front so it's the same sight picture.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breachers Up</div><div class="ubbcode-body">very economic of you. </div></div>

Actually I just like it better that way. My competition guns have a fiber optic front so it's the same sight picture. </div></div>

Ahhhh ok. Now I smell what you're steppin in.

I put these on my XDM not too long ago, and so far I am very happy with them. I find it amazingly easy to acquire a sight picture. Installation was easy. I do wish that they made a low light version.

Jacob