• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Adventures in LA

armorpl8chikn

Colonel Angus
Minuteman
Aug 17, 2010
Face Slapping Distance
In an effort to break the depressing monotony of the political mess, I thought I would temporarily suspend OPSEC for a bit. Plus @Threadcutter308 was concerned that I was rumored to be attending the funeral of some scumbag politician.
I loaded up my gear, my 85 year old mother and the red bitch early Thursday for an adventure in LA. Checked in to the Econo Lodge in Andalusia by 1700hrs. Then went out to my land to drop off my gear.
IMG_20190920_185813816.jpg

IMG_20191017_181759759.jpg

Back to the motel.
IMG_20191017_205446439.jpg

Just before lights out momma exclaims, "Dammit"!
Well this perks up my ears, cause my little Baptist momma don't cuss.....unless she finds a creature so endemicaly tied to her youth. There is a bedbug, a fucking bedbug crawling on her pillow!!
I just paid $240 to stay in this shithole. Momma is ready to de-ass this place like Hitlers Third Reich was on the outskirts of town.

There was no where else in a hundred miles that would put us up for the night with a dog. The sheets were filthy, and the next morning I tore the place apart looking for bedbugs. I had tripped to Wal Mart and bought some Sawyer's repellent Friday morning. It's made to treat clothes, and it'll kill a tick if he crawls on your treated clothes....it'll kill the shit out of bedbugs too. I sprayed hell out of that room before we left that morning. We had plans to actually buy some sheets that night. I just got done treating my truck here at work, and everything I owned that was in that room. Wouldn't take that shit in my house. It's been in the bed of my truck since Friday evening. I bombed the shit out of the bed of my truck with the tonneau locked down, ain't nothing getting out of there. I've got my clothes in the laundry at work, with a double trip through the dryer on tap.

IMG_20191018_140044705_HDR.jpg

The Swisher Commercial grade is a beast....but a thorn bush took out my throttle spring. I reckon that bitch launched at Mack2 out into the brush. So my day was cut short at about 1500. I drug a magnet around like an idiot for about an hour in the brush to no avail. Gotta find a throttle spring....or 3. Two is one, one is none.

Pic above was scratched out to set my temporary digs, so I don't have to stay in that shithole again. About lunchtime, went to local shed repo lot and got my temp digs. I like it, beats hell out of a tent, a real fixer upper. Will be delivered this Friday.
IMG_20191018_101237024_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191018_102739148.jpg

Lots more work to do this weekend. Probably be out of pocket again this Friday.
About 1600 momma suggests we go get our shit out of the bedbug bordello and haul ass home. So tired as shit we left Andalusia about 1700, and had the trailer backed into the yard by 0200 Saturday morning.

Whew....I'm still beat.

In an effort to break the depressing monotony of the political mess, I thought I would temporarily suspend OPSEC for a bit. Plus @Threadcutter308 was concerned that I was rumored to be attending the funeral of some scumbag politician.
I loaded up my gear, my 85 year old mother and the red bitch early Thursday for an adventure in LA. Checked in to the Econo Lodge in Andalusia by 1700hrs. Then went out to my land to drop off my gear.
View attachment 7167721
View attachment 7167722

Back to the motel.
View attachment 7167724

Just before lights out momma exclaims, "Dammit"!
Well this perks up my ears, cause my little Baptist momma don't cuss.....unless she finds a creature so endemicaly tied to her youth. There is a bedbug, a fucking bedbug crawling on her pillow!!
I just paid $240 to stay in this shithole. Momma is ready to de-ass this place like Hitlers Third Reich was on the outskirts of town.

There was no where else in a hundred miles that would put us up for the night with a dog. The sheets were filthy, and the next morning I tore the place apart looking for bedbugs. I had tripped to Wal Mart and bought some Sawyer's repellent Friday morning. It's made to treat clothes, and it'll kill a tick if he crawls on your treated clothes....it'll kill the shit out of bedbugs too. I sprayed hell out of that room before we left that morning. We had plans to actually buy some sheets that night. I just got done treating my truck here at work, and everything I owned that was in that room. Wouldn't take that shit in my house. It's been in the bed of my truck since Friday evening. I bombed the shit out of the bed of my truck with the tonneau locked down, ain't nothing getting out of there. I've got my clothes in the laundry at work, with a double trip through the dryer on tap.

View attachment 7167741
The Swisher Commercial grade is a beast....but a thorn bush took out my throttle spring. I reckon that bitch launched at Mack2 out into the brush. So my day was cut short at about 1500. I drug a magnet around like an idiot for about an hour in the brush to no avail. Gotta find a throttle spring....or 3. Two is one, one is none.

Pic above was scratched out to set my temporary digs, so I don't have to stay in that shithole again. About lunchtime, went to local shed repo lot and got my temp digs. I like it, beats hell out of a tent, a real fixer upper. Will be delivered this Friday.
View attachment 7167758
View attachment 7167759

Lots more work to do this weekend. Probably be out of pocket again this Friday.
About 1600 momma suggests we go get our shit out of the bedbug bordello and haul ass home. So tired as shit we left Andalusia about 1700, and had the trailer backed into the yard by 0200 Saturday morning.

Whew....I'm still beat.

Hell.........so I wasn't wrong........you've been busy and out of pocket. Sorry, not taking responsibility for the bedbugs.

And, as far as rubbing elbows with politicians alive or dead, that's more along the line of work of @QuickNDirty........ ;)

Moderately importantly, the property looks good, really good (y)(y)(y)

Most importantly......Momma's doing good, yes ? seems so/hoping so......:):):)

Take care Bud, make it work for you !

edit: Oh, and anything you leave on the property, make sure it's well locked up. We just got burgled and the numbnuts fucked up a bunch of our property, plus stole a bunch of shit. "That's what insurance is for"......... :rolleyes:

Momma is doing very well TC and thanks for asking. She did have a nosebleed Friday, which is one reason she didn't have much trouble convincing me to haul ass back to WNC.

@Lapuapalooza
I never had to deal with them. Momma grew up in the "reconstructed" mid-post depression south, so bedbugs was a thing. I'm thankful for the generation gap between momma and me. I've learned a lot of nearly lost information from her. I know this; The way she acts at the mention of a bedbug, it's truly dread. She said lice are nothing compared to a bedbug. I've heard all the stories of burning mattresses and throwing boiling lye water on every wall, crack, crook and cranny in a house.

ETA:
Ive heard this. If you read the reviews on a motel, and see the word Bedbug anywhere, don't stay there. Unless that fucker burned down, or they tore it down to concrete and beans and treated it with DDT or chloridane, then rebuilt, they've still got some somewhere.

Bedbugs are nasty!!!

We used to roll patients into the decon shower at work if EMS told us about em.
Would take an ER room out of commission for hours adter discharge or admission as it necessitated a “Dale Gribble special”.

Mr Chikin, I like your temporary digs. Hope you have a comfy chair for the porch and sittin with some whiskey after a long hard day of work.

And, as far as rubbing elbows with politicians alive or dead, that's more along the line of work of @QuickNDirty........ ;)

I dunno if you'd call the folks I'm dealing with "politicians" per se. I did get an invite to be a poll watcher in SJL's district today, though. That was cool. Not sure if I can make training tomorrow since that's gonna be a mad dash to hook a Marine up with a patriotic check and margaritas, but we'll see. Definitely gonna take some time to talk to folks about the prospect of some of my friends and I getting together to do an assessment on the electronic voting machines if/when some discrepancies are discovered.

@armorpl8chikn - Those late night humps suck, but the bed sure feels nice! Morning usually comes too soon, but when is that ever not the case? Also, weren't you saying something about FB not working the way I thought it did? Pretty sure it does ;)

I dunno if you'd call the folks I'm dealing with "politicians" per se. I did get an invite to be a poll watcher in SJL's district today, though. That was cool. Not sure if I can make training tomorrow since that's gonna be a mad dash to hook a Marine up with a patriotic check and margaritas, but we'll see. Definitely gonna take some time to talk to folks about the prospect of some of my friends and I getting together to do an assessment on the electronic voting machines if/when some discrepancies are discovered.

@armorpl8chikn - Those late night humps suck, but the bed sure feels nice! Morning usually comes too soon, but when is that ever not the case? Also, weren't you saying something about FB not working the way I thought it did? Pretty sure it does ;)

Take care J ! ;) (y)

I'm glad you are getting something useful out of the book of feces. It's gonna take whippersnappers like you to turn this shit around.

Glad Chikin b ok, safe trip n all of that. God damn all bedbugs to a special hell. BIL kills them for a living. Big tent over house with a solid seal, and a big hose going in with some nasty stuff.
Most people who find them in motel rooms bring them home in their luggage, ie. Suitcase cracks. pay special attention to the clothes carriers in treatment.
BIL recommends checking the room b4 ever carrying luggage in, strip the sheets and flip the mattress, no guests in mattress, it be ok.
He bought a 35k camper...... and a 65k truck to pull it... to avoid the bugs...
Bed bugs SUCK !!!
Glad Chikin ok. Same for Chikin mom, woman, n red 4 leg.

I'm glad you are getting something useful out of the book of feces. It's gonna take whippersnappers like you to turn this shit around.

Lol, you know, the funny thing about old people, especially the retired ones, is the "It's your fight, now." attitude they've got going on.

I'm sitting there, like... "How can I get these unemployed people to help me restore our freedom?"

I’m assuming LA is Louisiana and every time you say mamma I think of water boy with adam Sandler

That's about exactly what it's like...
"Momma says, bedbugs is da debbil!"

The wife finally has some days off so she is going with me next trip. Momma say she gone babysit da dawg.

Lol, you know, the funny thing about old people, especially the retired ones, is the "It's your fight, now." attitude they've got going on.

I'm sitting there, like... "How can I get these unemployed people to help me restore our freedom?"

We are crotchety and slow, and we don't abide fools anymore. We ain't much on talking to people we don't like, and lack the patience to debate with nincompoops.
We can see death peeking at us in the corner of mirrors so we ain't scared of much. If the shooting starts give us a call. We already found out we ain't living forever.

Erebody kno chikin eat bugs in de yaad...... skeeter big enuff to shoot with shotgun, chikin say, dayum, dat sum good proteen, skeeter run frum chikin...
Skeeter in LA ain't stoopid.... know when to hold em, know when to fold em, know when to fly/flee... know when chikin smak beeklips, to get de hell outta yard.
jes sayin...

?

The minute you saw a bedbug you should have called your credit card company and gotten a refund.

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
Chikin go to AndILoseYa LA to get away, and even down there, cant hide from @THEIS

Chikin gotta go deeper in LA swamp to hide from that guy... still get found.

Hi,

He just needs to check in beforehand next time....that little military hideaway right South of Andu almost "droned" that lil ATV as a trespasser, lolol

Sincerely,
Theis

The minute you saw a bedbug you should have called your credit card company and gotten a refund.

I should have, I didn't know I could do that.
The last time we had a bedbug encounter was epic. Yemassee South Carolina, red roof shithole. I was gonna burn our belongings in the yard but momma calmed me down and supervised the decontamination regimen like a Sergeant Major.

My wife had it out with the hotel manager, she made me leave the lobby before I got locked up. "Our rooms veddy clean! You bring bedbug with you!"
I'm pretty sure the guy at the Econo Lodge has a cousin in Yamassee that also owns a hotel. Is "Patel" Indian for hotel manager?
Wife is from England and says that name is equivalent to "Smith" in our culture.
I didn't make a fuss. I didn't relish finding out if the local jail had bedbugs. I simply turned in the keys and the bedbug in a Ziploc. "You have bedbugs, but you already knew that."
All he said was, "I am veddy Soddy hardly." I have no idea what that means.

I should have, I didn't know I could do that.
The last time we had a bedbug encounter was epic. Yemassee South Carolina, red roof shithole. I was gonna burn our belongings in the yard but momma calmed me down and supervised the decontamination regimen like a Sergeant Major.

My wife had it out with the hotel manager, she made me leave the lobby before I got locked up. "Our rooms veddy clean! You bring bedbug with you!"
I'm pretty sure the guy at the Econo Lodge has a cousin in Yamassee that also owns a hotel. Is "Patel" Indian for hotel manager?
Wife is from England and says that name is equivalent to "Smith" in our culture.

Screenshot_20191021-075227_Chrome.jpg

My route to I-65 takes me through Andalusia. Shortly after the 2000 presidential election while stopped at a red light on 29, a local pulled up beside me and motioned for me to lower my window. I did os and he asked, "You people in Florida don't know how to vote?" (add AL accent). I replied, "Nope, but we don't sleep with our sisters." I don't think he got it.

P.S. If you're in Andalusia, Spain, never mind.

Reactions: Barneybdb
The plot thickens...
I spent last two hours on phone trying to get the springs for this motor throttle. So finally, I ask the local guy if he had 14.5 go motors on any of the equipment on the yard. Sure.
Ok, I'll come over and show you my motor and the spring on other equipment, then can you look it up?
Sure.

I
Shit
You
Not

I pulled into the parking lot and people are running out of the building. A boy comes up, "Sir, sir, you have to leave, we're evacuating! They dug up a gas line behind our building!"
???????

I'm pretty sure I'm doomed somehow, cursed for sure.
So much for going into the honey bee business in Alabama. My queen bee would take up with a ding beetle and the hives would turn to shit.

The plot thickens...
I spent last two hours on phone trying to get the springs for this motor throttle. So finally, I ask the local guy if he had 14.5 go motors on any of the equipment on the yard. Sure.
Ok, I'll come over and show you my motor and the spring on other equipment, then can you look it up?
Sure.

I
Shit
You
Not

I pulled into the parking lot and people are running out of the building. A boy comes up, "Sir, sir, you have to leave, we're evacuating! They dug up a gas line behind our building!"
???????

So much for going into the honey bee business in Alabama. My queen bee would take up with a ding beetle and the hives would turn to shit.
Steal the spring off of one those units while they are running. Oh, and leave a couple of bucks behind then it's not stealing. If they question you, say you are the gas man and that unit had to be disabled for safety. :)

The plot thickens...
Sure.

I
Shit
You
Not

???????

You deserve a participation trophy.

20191021_104156.jpg

Steal the spring off of one those units while they are running. Oh, and leave a couple of bucks behind then it's not stealing. If they question you, say you are the gas man and that unit had to be disabled for safety. :)

I'll do my best Karl Childers impression. Maybe that will distract them.

Reactions: Barneybdb
At least you can see the bedbugs - go smaller....much, much smaller. Check in to a Fairfield Inn (in Vicksburg) because you don't want to drive I-20 late at night to DFW, then wait 2-3 weeks - then one will no longer question if one can go insane itching.

At least you can see the bedbugs - go smaller....much, much smaller. Check in to a Fairfield Inn (in Vicksburg) because you don't want to drive I-20 late at night to DFW, then wait 2-3 weeks - then one will no longer question if one can go insane itching.

Scabies

• Wow
Reactions: armorpl8chikn