• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Advice Christensen Arms MPR

Dano372

Private
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2022
CA
I have the C.A. MPR in 6.5 CM
Any California hunters using this with non-lead ammo? I am curious what people are using and having success with.
Thanks
Dan

I've used one in 338 Lapua the last two seasons. It's been great! We're not stalking through thick timber trying to get a close snap shot. Probably depends on the terrain you are in.

Barnes TSX/TTSX, Winchester Deer Season XP, Hornady Outfitter CX. Grab a few boxes and see how they shoot. Run the ballistics and set your max shot distance at the point where the impact velocity (very roughly) is above 2,000fps. They'll probably all get you 450yds out of a 24" 6.5cm. California to me means small deer, black bear, cougar and hog, which are all comparable in terms of kill-ability. Easy peasy. If you hunt a lot of hog you may get more specific, but for getting into california hunting, there you go.

Reactions: Dano372