• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advice on a Portable Shooting Bench

bwoodie

Minuteman
Mar 26, 2010
Kentucky
I am planning on purchasing a portable shooting bench. I like the D.O.A Tactical Shooting Bench and the Legacy Portable Shooting Bench. I have not seen either "in person". Both appear to be excellent quality products. Does anyone have experience using either of these benches? If so, I would like to hear your thoughts.
Thanks for any and all input.

The DOA benches were in use by many companies at SHOT Show Range Day. they felt pretty sturdy. My only complaint is i hate shooting off benches with the cutout. i prefer square shaped tables so i can stay straight behind the rifle even when seated.

Reactions: Winchester59
I have 3 of the DOA benches and a Royal Stukey non rotating bench. Both brands are very solid and very well made. The Stukey bench came with a drummer's stool. I like the integral seat of the DOA bench and wish both had seats with a back rest (yes I know a boat seat can be added). Even though I too prefer a straight table style bench, I really like the rotating DOA bench for prairie dogs. Both brands break down in decent fashion, although somewhat heavy.

If you want a DOA bench hurry up and get one of the Shot Show demos and safe a few bucks.
If you are handy with tools build your own. Google "Rugged Buddy shooting bench" and save a LOT of money.

Check out Stukey sturdy shooting benches. I’ve got one. And that cowboy makes some good gear! He was in my wedding so I am partial. But he used to have pictures of his benches holding up a pickup truck!!

I have the legacy bench. Solid build, works great. The legs are stored in a compartment underneath, makes transportation easier. I've had to shoot it on some pretty uneven ground in the past and the legs were adequately adjustable to get it level and stable.

build your own......

HPIM3736.jpg

Reactions: jeronimo