• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Advice on a scope

Kevin 53

Private
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2011
mississippi
I need good glass on a 6.5 creedmoor bolt action. I would like a NF 5.5-22x56 but that's a bunch of money. I will be shooting from 600 - 1000 yards. I want one that will do the job and no problems and for some reason I have a problem company stands behind it. I don't mind putting out that much money if it will do want I want it to do. ( will take me longer to save for it) help need advice.

Thanks Kevin

Re: Advice on a scope

if you settle for less, it will cost you more in the long run. Save your money and buy exactly what you want.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if you settle for less, it will cost you more in the long run. Save your money and buy exactly what you want. </div></div>

Get what you want, even if it takes longer.

Kevin:

I've purchased some Sightron S III's for a couple of rifles. I think they compare pretty favorably with NF. They both use Japanese sourced glass. Depending on what magnification you're looking for.... I'm thinking you should be in the $700-$800 range for either the 6-24X or the 8-32X. You'd probably find a nice used 10-50X for the price I listed...if this is going to be a purely bench gun.

Otherwise...Have you considered the BR version of NightForce. I used to own an 8-32x....had great glass... and more reasonable than the NXS.

Just my humble thoughts,

Wayne

Buy once, cry once. Save up for the Nightforce. You'll be happier in the long run.

Unless you are going to be shooting benchrest, there is no reason to go above the 22X.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Senderofan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kevin:

I've purchased some Sightron S III's for a couple of rifles. I think they compare pretty favorably with NF. They both use Japanese sourced glass. Depending on what magnification you're looking for.... I'm thinking you should be in the $700-$800 range for either the 6-24X or the 8-32X. You'd probably find a nice used 10-50X for the price I listed...if this is going to be a purely bench gun.

Otherwise...Have you considered the BR version of NightForce. I used to own an 8-32x....had great glass... and more reasonable than the NXS.

Just my humble thoughts,

Wayne </div></div>
Yes it will be a purely bench gun. Bunching paper only does sightron stand behind there work?

I'm a huge Vortex fan! You will find that you can spend under a grand and get really nice glass.If you do want to spend 2 grand they have a line (Razor) that a lot of guys on here are trading their 2 grand scopes in on. Plus some of the best CS in the industry! They have a motto that customer is king. The will fix or replace no questions asked!

I went with the Bushnell Elite Tactical 6x24x50mm SFP on my 6.5 CM. I couldn't be happier. Very clear glass and adjustments are spot on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kevin53</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Senderofan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kevin:

Just my humble thoughts,

Wayne </div></div>
Yes it will be a purely bench gun. Bunching paper only does sightron stand behind there work? </div></div>

Yes...they have a warranty. I've not heard of any complaints on their customer service.

There's a couple of S III's for sale on this forum...in the optics for sale section...a 6-24X and this 8-32X Mildot:
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3130445#Post3130445

The 8-32x is advertised as being $720 delivered....worth checking out. My 8-32x is an excellent scope. The 10-50X has a touchy eyebox....most likely due to having a very small exit pupil.

Good Luck,

Wayne

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Senderofan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kevin53</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Senderofan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kevin:

Just my humble thoughts,

Wayne </div></div>
Yes it will be a purely bench gun. Bunching paper only does sightron stand behind there work? </div></div>

Yes...they have a warranty. I've not heard of any complaints on their customer service.

There's a couple of S III's for sale on this forum...in the optics for sale section...a 6-24X and this 8-32X Mildot:
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3130445#Post3130445

The 8-32x is advertised as being $720 delivered....worth checking out. My 8-32x is an excellent scope. The 10-50X has a touchy eyebox....most likely due to having a very small exit pupil.

Good Luck,

Wayne </div></div>

Thanks Wayne I will look into the S III's I want to buy one and be done

Thanks Kevin

+1 on the SIII. I have the 6-24 and it is good glass, tracks perfect and is clear at any distance to 1000. I got mine from Scott at Liberty Optics. call him, he will fix you up.

I am not certain about their CS as I have never had to use it.