• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advice on build?

wakeboarder4402

Private
Minuteman
Aug 22, 2011
Kalifornia
First off I would like to say hello, as this is my first post here. Been lurking for a few weeks trying to learn what I can, and now have a question for you guys. This is my first "build" outside of an AR and would like to hear some advice. To start, my base is a Tikka T3 Varmint in .308, that I am pretty sure I want to put in a Manners T4. This however is the extent of what I know. Should I replace the bottom metal and mag w/the Badger kit? How would I go about replacing the recoil lug, as I have read that is another one of the weaker points on the rifle? Pillars? Full bed? Also, what would be the best mount? Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Nick

Re: Advice on build?

I believe CDI makes the only upgraded bottom metal for the Tikkas and uses the AICS magazines. Manners can make your stock to fit that set or your factory stuff. If I remember correctly Manners Tikka stock has a recoil lug built in. Any other questions about the stock options call Manners, he is easy to deal with and helpful. My suggestion is to get the CDI metal on a Manners T4, pillar and epoxy bed it. EGW makes a picatinny rail that fits the Tikka. Otherwise, I think the Spuhr mount works on it but the price is not cheap.

Re: Advice on build?

Hi

I would install a steel recoillug, that will make it as the same as the TRG solution.

Our TRG mount works directly on the T3 action and there is no use for a picatinny rail.
Personally I use and prefer that solution as that is more ridgid and make a lower mount.

Apart from CDI there is also Alutek.eu, but it's more pricey.
Belive however there is a good reason for the pricedifferance.

Håkan