• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

advice on buying a used volquarsten

Russ257

???
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2009
Lancaster, PA
i am thinking about buying a used volquarsten 10/22 the price is pretty good but I was wondering what kind of things should I look for when assessing the quality of a used gun. Mostly concerned with barrel wear how do I tell if it is shot out?
Also is there a serial number list so i could have an idea of the year of manufacture.

Re: advice on buying a used volquarsten

I have owned 5 preowned volquartsens at one time or another, they are flat out shooters, even the early ones that actually used trued up ruger actions. you pretty much can't go wrong unless the appearance is beat up.

well I went to look at it and it wasn't a true volquarsten but it did have a volquarsten barrrel and a Bell and Carson odyssey stock so I picked it up anyway. we shall see how it shoots tomorrow

Well, anything can break. I know of one with over a half million rounds.308's fracture is one of very few I've ever heard of.