• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advice on Getting Bigger

Nein.

There are 3 primary mechanisms to stimulate muscle growth: mechanical tension, metabolic stress, and muscle damage.

The reason most people never put on the muscle they hope for is because they never reach a level of intensity, under load, that is required to drive past that beginner phase. And most rarely/never invest the time to develop efficiency with the movements that reap the most benefit.

I have long observed there is a markable difference between those that train over 85% (of 1 RM) and those that don't.

But let me be a bit more clear - The reason most people (baring some autoimmune or metabolic disease) don't put on the muscle is they don't understand volume/intensity/frequency/movement selection and never reach the level of intensity needed to keep driving an adaptation past a beginner phase.

Check out Zatsiorsky's Science and Practice of Strength Training and Siff/Verkoshansky's Supertraining if you want to dig into the mechanisms for strength and muscle.

Let me ask you a question, you ever seen Dorian Yates' training video - Blood and Guts?