• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Advice on QD mount around $200

Pwoens

1:16
Minuteman
  • Jun 8, 2013
    I’m sure it’s been asked a million times, and I’ve read through what I could find, and still have to ask (cause I couldn’t find the answer);

budget of around $200. Looking for a 34mm QD to mate a vortex razor gen ii onto my HS Precisiom bolt gun. Recommendations?

thank you

Reactions: SepticDeath
    Any specific reason for QD over fixed mounts?
    Not specifically. Mostly probably because that’s what the cool kids I know have (mostly sarcasm but the two guys I know run them)? Should I reconsider and focus on non-QD? Thanks

Cheap alternative - shared these on a pair of 308's for a while with no issue. Moved to non-QD ARC rings once I bought another scope.

Reactions: Pwoens
    Another vote here for ADM ... excellent quality, good return-to-zero, very flexible. I have ADM QD mounts on 9 scopes. My biggest reason for QD mounts BTW ... is to leverage the available room in my gun safes. Removing the optic almost doubles the available space. More rifles = More fun.

Another vote here for ADM ... excellent quality, good return-to-zero, very flexible. I have ADM QD mounts on 9 scopes. My biggest reason for QD mounts BTW ... is to leverage the available room in my gun safes. Removing the optic almost doubles the available space. More rifles = More fun.

Makes sense, and I’ll run with that as the reason :)
    I’m really liking the appearance of the ADM, appreciate the lead everyone.
    Now I have to figure out if I need a forward mount or a straight up mount? HS Precision mated to Vortex Razor gen ii (scope will be here this coming week and should be able to figure it out then, unless someone knows off the top of their head?)

Makes sense, and I’ll run with that as the reason :)
    I’m really liking the appearance of the ADM, appreciate the lead everyone.
    Now I have to figure out if I need a forward mount or a straight up mount? HS Precision mated to Vortex Razor gen ii (scope will be here this coming week and should be able to figure it out then, unless someone knows off the top of their head?)
    What's the rifle? Flat top? Bolt Action? Other?

Also ... what's the distance? Combat? Long range? Caliber?

thought I put rifle etc in OP but guess not.

it’s for a HS Precision 308 mated to a vortex razor gen ii. Rail is a rem sa. Dedicated long range but also has folding factory stock

I recommend the American Defense Recon-S 20 MOA QD Scope Mount No Offset. The standard height should be fine for a flat-rail .308. And the 20 MOA rise let's you reach out to longer distances. You don't need a cantilever offset.

Of course ... pick the correct tube diameter.

Not specifically. Mostly probably because that’s what the cool kids I know have (mostly sarcasm but the two guys I know run them)? Should I reconsider and focus on non-QD? Thanks

Unless you're planning swapping optics on a regular basis, you can get a fixed mount that will be sturdier, cheaper and probably lighter than any QD mount.

Unless you're planning swapping optics on a regular basis, you can get a fixed mount that will be sturdier, cheaper and probably lighter than any QD mount.

great advice! Thank you :)

Reactions: Mute