• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft advice on reactive targets

veezer

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 6, 2007
Hazard, Kentucky
We are having a shoot this coming weekend and have some tannerite to use. What I need is some good ideas on things to attach them to to make it a litter funner. We have used 5lb flour bags in the past that worked reall well, but I am looking for some more ideas. We will be using some full autos, so steel reactive targets get banged up too much, so we dont use them. We cant use anthing that might catch on fire.

Re: advice on reactive targets

small tomato paste cans...nice POP and red mist ...

golf balls, water/dye/color water balloons, soda cans, 4" pigeon clay hanging , of course the good ol' tanerite (sp?) exploding targets.

I found this works really well as a reactive target

213gldc.jpg

One thing I use that's fairly simple is water. Fill some empty milk containers with water and some food coloring. stick them in the freezer. Take them to the range, peel off the container, discard it, instant targets. No mess to clean up, no sharp edges to cut sneakers, tires, etc.

Fill a clay pigeon with flour, insert an inch or two of your hanging string, and secure it by gluing another clay on the backside. Makes a nice, cheap reactive target.