• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advice on sr25

Newenglandwood

Love it !
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2011
Hi,
I am thinking about picking up an sr25.
I would appreciate any advice you can offer.
Complete rifle, parts (Frankenstein), where to buy, etc.
Thanks,
Ant

Hey, do yourself a favor and post your ad in the PX. You'll need to pay for access if you haven't done so already.

Been a lot of LMT MWS Defenders popping up at retailers for normal prices lately for $2400 which is a nice change.

Lol, Just by whatever SR25 variant you want.

beyond that, you need to provide more specifics around what you want to know.

If you want to run it like a carbine get a 14.5” CC,
If you want more precision get the PC. If you want a money pit build an M110 or MK11. Or both if you’re nuts like me.

Reactions: MPD142 and whawk
I would recommend just getting a complete rifle from one of the preferred KAC vendors. If you are on social media i would recommend joining any of the various Knights Armament community groups on the facebook. There are a lot of good people that can generally point you in the right direction for tracking one down.

Thats about it.

If you want to run it like a carbine get a 14.5” CC,
If you want more precision get the PC. If you want a money pit build an M110 or MK11. Or both if you’re nuts like me.
Gyz77,
I am not looking for a carbine. Lol it didn’t cross my mind.
thanks,
Ant

Build an M110 and an Mk11. But do it right!

Attachments

• E1121F63-C9A3-4130-BE41-AD86478D6646.jpeg
    E1121F63-C9A3-4130-BE41-AD86478D6646.jpeg
    596.9 KB · Views: 91
You have three guns to choose from new:
  • The CC (Combat Carbine) which has a chrome lined barrel. Generally shoots around 1 MOA but can shoot tighter. Weighs in at 8.5lb and the 16" version was just discontinued so you will see at lot of activity around that length. Also comes in a 14" length.
  • The PC (Precision Carbine) which is their precision oriented rifle. will shoot sub MOA and has a 16" stainless match barrel. Weighs about 9lb. Mine is a solid .75 shooter (with good ammo) if I do my part but can get smaller groups on a good day.
  • The PR (Precision Rifle) which has a 20" match barrel. Weighs in at 10.5lb. Newer version of the M110 or MK11.
The price you pay generally has to do with how long you want to wait. If you dont mind spending an extra few hundred dollars you can get them pretty quick especially if you split up the purchase. Get an upper and lower separate on gun broker or from a dealer. You can also use a LMT MARS lower if you prefer. If you are looking for a full gun, upper, or lower and you dont want to deal with gunbroker you just need to google every dealer and put in for their notifications.

Uppers will come with their own box, accessories, and test target. If someone is selling an upper without those things they essentially purchased a full gun and are splitting up the purchase and trying to keep the mag and accessories to sell separate. I'm generally weary of split guns but its up to you.

As I mentioned before, their is a lot of noise around the ACC/CC right now as they are being discontinued in the 16" length. Knights is currently fulfilling the last of the orders for those guns and when they are gone they are gone. The guns are made in batches so if you are looking to buy from a dealer you have to wait till that batch comes up. You will be able to sell and get your money back on any purchase. So if you put in a notification for a lower or an upper and buy it, and then two days later got a notification about a full gun you would be able to sell the upper or lower pretty easily.

AR15.com has a pretty extensive Knights industry forum along with a AR10 section in the EE where uppers and lowers come up all the time. There is also a private Dealers of the Knights group on facebook where a small group of dealers is very active and generally go there first with stuff to sell. If you go this route READ THE RULES as the way the group works with no words in posts is unusual but easy to get once you read the rules. PM me with questions about this.

• The CC (Combat Carbine) which has a chrome lined barrel. Generally shoots around 1 MOA but can shoot tighter. Weighs in at 8.5lb and the 16" version was just discontinued so you will see at lot of activity around that length. Also comes in a 14" length.
  • The PC (Precision Carbine) which is their precision oriented rifle. will shoot sub MOA and has a 16" stainless match barrel. Weighs about 9lb. Mine is a solid .75 shooter (with good ammo) if I do my part but can get smaller groups on a good day.
  • The PR (Precision Rifle) which has a 20" match barrel. Weighs in at 10.5lb. Newer version of the M110 or MK11.
The price you pay generally has to do with how long you want to wait. If you dont mind spending an extra few hundred dollars you can get them pretty quick especially if you split up the purchase. Get an upper and lower separate on gun broker or from a dealer. You can also use a LMT MARS lower if you prefer. If you are looking for a full gun, upper, or lower and you dont want to deal with gunbroker you just need to google every dealer and put in for their notifications.

Uppers will come with their own box, accessories, and test target. If someone is selling an upper without those things they essentially purchased a full gun and are splitting up the purchase and trying to keep the mag and accessories to sell separate. I'm generally weary of split guns but its up to you.

As I mentioned before, their is a lot of noise around the ACC/CC right now as they are being discontinued in the 16" length. Knights is currently fulfilling the last of the orders for those guns and when they are gone they are gone. The guns are made in batches so if you are looking to buy from a dealer you have to wait till that batch comes up. You will be able to sell and get your money back on any purchase. So if you put in a notification for a lower or an upper and buy it, and then two days later got a notification about a full gun you would be able to sell the upper or lower pretty easily.

AR15.com has a pretty extensive Knights industry forum along with a AR10 section in the EE where uppers and lowers come up all the time. There is also a private Dealers of the Knights group on facebook where a small group of dealers is very active and generally go there first with stuff to sell. If you go this route READ THE RULES as the way the group works with no words in posts is unusual but easy to get once you read the rules. PM me with questions about this.
The monk,
Great info.
thank you,
Ant

Are they replacing the CC with a new model? I recently passed one up, but didn’t know KAC was discontinuing them. :(

Just killing off the 16" model. The 14.5" is still around and a bad ass battle rifle.

All I can add to the above is my SR25 was my grail gun. I own one of the last ECC's to leave the factory. Its dead nuts accurate, an easy sub moa gun, and if I do my part (which is usually the problem) its a .5 moa gun. Mine really likes Federal GM762. Honestly Most of the guns in my safe I would sell in a heartbeat if needed, but the ECC will never leave.

Last edited:
Reactions: Newenglandwood
Besides what Monk said spend a bunch of time researching what works because he's pointed you in the right direction.
And when you're done, read some more.

Two of the most important things you'll want are a barrel and trigger, don't compromise.
With that there are a handful great Barrel makers out there.
I've had really good luck with Criterion Barrels.

Triggers are your choice, again read up
I have Geisselle triggers on most my stuff but that doesn’t mean you need to spend money like that when a LaRue may do the job for you.
I have one and they're okay.

For a good debate-
I don't care for carbine length gas system when a mid length can do so much more and I feel it's more reliable.
I also like Slash's heavy buffer as it makes things tame and reliable.
Don't get stuck on one manufacturer and don't let anyone tell you that the holy grail to buffer systems come from Armalite because it's total bullshit.
Again read up because the inside length of the buffer tube makes a difference.

BCG buy a Toolcraft as parts are everywhere.

And EVERYTHING you add to your gun will add weight, Quickly !

The biggest thing that will screw you over is gas tube length.
This one below is to short.
Wilson Combat are notorious for causing what you see below because they have to do it their way.

Buy your stuff from people that build large platforms for a living And AVOID anything prattitary

D3AC6BB2-149E-4F58-BEAA-2C82C774A8E2.jpeg.7ac85b8519f3e5c2e270593d1172fff3.jpeg.jpg

The biggest thing to keep in mind is this is going to be YOURS and you should be enjoying yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Newenglandwood
Besides what Monk said spend a bunch of time researching what works because he's pointed you in the right direction.
And when you're done, read some more.

Two of the most important things you'll want are a barrel and trigger, don't compromise.
With that there are a handful great Barrel makers out there.
I've had really good luck with Criterion Barrels.

Triggers are your choice, again read up
I have Geisselle triggers on most my stuff but that doesn’t mean you need to spend money like that when a LaRue may do the job for you.
I have one and they're okay.

For a good debate-
I don't care for carbine length gas system when a mid length can do so much more and I feel it's more reliable.
I also like Slash's heavy buffer as it makes things tame and reliable.
Don't get stuck on one manufacturer and don't let anyone tell you that the holy grail to buffer systems come from Armalite because it's total bullshit.
Again read up because the inside length of the buffer tube makes a difference.

BCG buy a Toolcraft as parts are everywhere.

And EVERYTHING you add to your gun will add weight, Quickly !

The biggest thing that will screw you over is gas tube length.
This one below is to short.
Wilson Combat are notorious for causing what you see below because they have to do it their way.

Buy your stuff from people that build large platforms for a living And AVOID anything prattitary

View attachment 7671591

The biggest thing to keep in mind is this is going to be YOURS and you should be enjoying yourself.
Is this the thread you meant this post for? I can't follow all of the mods you're referring to on an SR-25. i.e. Toolcraft BCG for an SR-25?! I don't think that's going to outperform a KAC BCG. Not even sure they make one that'll fit.