• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spotters Advice on tripod / mount for Swarovski spotter

Tr762

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 1, 2014
Washington DC
Hi everyone,

I’ve managed to get my hands on a used Swarovski spotter for ELR. I’ve done some searching, but would really appreciate recommendations for a good, sturdy tripod/head to mount it on.

Also, I don’t think mine has the Arca shaped foot on it (pics below). What’s the best/most stable way to mount it?

Many thanks!

IMG_1543.jpegIMG_1542.jpeg

Before "plates & tables" were a thing I used a LaRue qd picatinny mount on a Swarovski carbon fiber tripod. I use mostly RRS kit now.
You could configure the "duo" in a similar fashion for either picatinny or arca attachment.
IMG_9648Really Right Stuff Duo picatinny-arca adapter copy.jpg

CIMG3172 copy.JPG
IMG_4964 LT130 mount copy.JPG
CIMG3193 copy.JPG
CIMG3275 copy.JPG
CIMG3264 copy.JPG

Reactions: Tr762
Thanks guys, really appreciate the advice. In terms of tripod and head - given I've got a heavy spotter with reticle, it feels like a fluid or geared head is the way to go, with the fluid being the easier one to use? The RRS gear looks nice, but is pretty expensive. Am considering something like a Revic FHL1 fluid head on top of a Two Vets tripod - does that sound vaguely sensible?

Gearhead is definitely the best choice for a spotter with a reticle in my opinion. It enables you to put the reticle exactly where you want to to make more accurate measurements more easily.

This is the one I’ve used for a few years. With the same spotter. It comes with an arca plate that you’ll screw into the bottom of the spotter
IMG_4804.jpeg