• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Advice on what to get.

zjmccauley

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 8, 2014
Colorado
So I'm stuck in a pickle what I want to do here.

I currently have a custom rem 700 I bought to hunt and begin my long range pursuit and start working on precision shooting. Now however I'm having second thoughts on this.

I've been wanting to start 3 gun comps as well as the above and was wanting something that can do it all for me to some extent.

I was thinking something like an ar10 I can switch between a prs and adjustable stock, running a silencer and I'm undecided on the optic to run

My budget here is about 3,000

What do ya'll think?

A rifle is like a tool and just like tools, each one is made for a purpose so getting "something that can do it all for me" is not going to happen. Sure you can get something that will work but it will not work as well as having a specific firearm for the task at hand. Sell the 700 and add that money to the budget or keep the 700 and use the 3k to get what you need for 3 gun. Not sure 3k is going to outfit you for 3 gun but that depends on what you may already have and what you want to buy. JMHO

I would pick up a Daniel Defense AR-15 and build or buy a spare upper in 6.5 Grendel. Its hard to have one rifle do it all but that combo would come pretty darn close.

you will not want an AR10 for 3gun... too heavy!!

one of the best AR-15 for the money.... DPMS 3G1.... mine is 100% a sub-moa rifle... LOT of rifle for the money! and the rifle is based on 3gun! personally, id get the 3g1, and NOT the 3g2

So I'm stuck in a pickle what I want to do here.

I currently have a custom rem 700 I bought to hunt and begin my long range pursuit and start working on precision shooting. Now however I'm having second thoughts on this.

I've been wanting to start 3 gun comps as well as the above and was wanting something that can do it all for me to some extent.

I was thinking something like an ar10 I can switch between a prs and adjustable stock, running a silencer and I'm undecided on the optic to run

My budget here is about 3,000

What do ya'll think?