• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advice please ??

MAGA4LIFE

Knob Slobber Extraordinaire
Banned !
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2019
Kentucky
Purchased a new RITON ffp 24 Power for my AR-10 anyone have any input on this Glass?

Not a critical statement, just an observation. Generally if you have a question about what gear is needed or how it performs you can certainly get those answers here and avoid buying something that will disappoint or be at best an unneeded stepping stone.

I think Squishee may have been correct in his suspicions that this poster is shilling for a scope manufacturer. I believe we've seen this before. Although I guess it's possible he hurried out yesterday and bought the exact scope he was asking our opinion on and now that he owns it, wishes to know our opinion.

Reactions: Milf Dots
If that's the case, he's really bad at this. You'd think a good scope manufacturer could hire someone a little better.

• Haha
Reactions: carbonbased
Jesus ! are you people for REAL? wtf I asked for some friendly advice and get THIS shyte ? LOL wow ...

• Haha
Reactions: 300wmSlick
th

@armorpl8chikn and @TheGerman get in here!

Jesus ! are you people for REAL? wtf I asked for some friendly advice and get THIS shyte ? LOL wow ...

What advice would you like??

You didn’t ask any specific questions that anyone can answer. Just stated you bought an optic and asked for some “advise” without context.

Oh... ITs friendly advice you seek. Mine would be this. When people throw a fit because they don't get the answer they want in a thread. It tends to not go well for them around here. Maybe stick a cork in WTF machine before you get a reputation, at which point all you will get is made fun of.

What advice would you like??

You didn’t ask any specific questions that anyone can answer. Just stated you bought an optic and asked for some “advise” without context.
I guess I'm wanting to know what to expect from the set up I have , I've not shot a Cm before,, and am waiting on my Buffer tube to come in so I can shoot it.. I'm putting the RITON 24 power scope in it .. Just trying to get some prelim. input. My 223 with a 9 power is accurate AF , but this in a much bigger set up..and I'm looking to get into some long range competitions... Thanks for asking , and NOT being a dik

I wonder if MAGA4LIFE’s avatar is his face after he looked through his new Riton?

That’s what happened to me after my first Riton. My flesh dissolved and my skull grew horns.

edit: hey! He changed his avatar! It used to be this guy:
81F7D1B7-E373-453E-A7C5-2B3868579653.jpeg

Last edited:
I guess I'm wanting to know what to expect from the set up I have , I've not shot a Cm before,, and am waiting on my Buffer tube to come in so I can shoot it.. I'm putting the RITON 24 power scope in it .. Just trying to get some prelim. input. My 223 with a 9 power is accurate AF , but this in a much bigger set up..and I'm looking to get into some long range competitions... Thanks for asking , and NOT being a dik
How accurate is accurate AF exactly?

I’m not sure if you will get any more information than you can already find online.

Riton isn’t a very popular optic around here at the moment.

And a 6.5cm is going to shoot a 130-147 (the typical weight range for competition) bullet with a g7 BC in the .320 area at around 2750/2800 fps. It will have more recoil than a .223 and less than a .308. Most run lapua/alpha/Peterson/hornady brass with h4350 powder.

There’s not much more to know or expect about it.

How accurate is accurate AF exactly?
Lol. Im taring up 2" steel@200 and 6" at 300. But I want to start doing some 5,6, and further. My AR -10 has a24" heavy fluted MG barrel, nickel boron BCG, captured recoil spring.... it's a sweet set up.

In a big AR, there is much more to “right” than parts and specs. It’s a rabbit hole with no bottom sometimes.

oh and

tenor.gif

Lol. Im taring up 2" steel@200 and 6" at 300. But I want to start doing some 5,6, and further. My AR -10 has a24" heavy fluted MG barrel, nickel boron BCG, captured recoil spring.... it's a sweet set up.
Because fluting is what they do to all machine gun barrels right?

Reactions: carbonbased
hmmmm….His 223 with a 9 power. Taring up steel at 300. Anybody read the reviews posted up top by "Dave" yet?
Wanna bet @MAGA4LIFE is the same dude as "DAVE"?

hmmmm….His 223 with a 9 power. Taring up steel at 300. Anybody read the reviews posted up top by "Dave" yet?
Wanna bet @MAGA4LIFE is the same dude as "DAVE"?
wow @Farmerdanss you sound like a real douchebag ,,,, It amazes me how dudes will come on here for NO other reason than to show their infantile behavior. If you don't have anything to add in terms of useful information the fuck off!

wow @Farmerdanss you sound like a real douchebag ,,,, It amazes me how dudes will come on here for NO other reason than to show their infantile behavior. If you don't have anything to add in terms of useful information the fuck off!
You have no idea how bad you stand out here. It isn't hard for anyone to see what is going on, we've seen it before. You have pretty much cast yourself in the role of the shill/dumbass, and you dig that hole deeper with every post.

You really need to go away, because your treatment only goes downhill from here.

Brah brah brah, BRAH lissen up brah. Here’s wut your gonna due. Your .223 AR is accurate AF (.5 MOA am i rite? Yea I’m rite.), so you obv know your shyte. And your fing taring up th’ steel with it, but the tiny lil’ baby rounds can’t make to 5, 6 etc. I’ve been there brah. Little puss .223 just ain’t gots the oomph. Am I rite? F yeah I’m rite.

Wait for it, waaaiit…Lol. Tension, gotta streatch.

SMH

Brass tacks tyme bb rah: 2” at 200 but opening up to 6” at 300??? Phuuuuuk bud you better get ur smith to melt down that toasted POS into some neck jewelry ASAP and slap on a MG heavily fluted BARREL like on ur sick new AR -10. You be b-b-bangin’ steel ATM way out to 1000+. But only way that’s happening is if you reload. Needs more powder to get their.

Return the skank 24x (mabbe put it on a 44mag?) and get buy two RITON RT-S MOD 7 4-32X56IR b/c you can’t even SEE shyte on 24 after 500 yds. Like nutting bro. One on .223 and one on Cm prontopup.

Golden.

Last edited:
Lol, so is this another case of someone spending $2000 or so on a rifle and sticking a $10 scope on it?

Reactions: Lawless
Riton is very similar to Athlon
In all seriousness, some of the offerings at low cost have really been impressive. I have some “good Chinese” scopes as in good enough for what they’re doing.

What are your initial impressions of the one you’re evaluating?

In the post yesterday I thought OP was “...hearing VERY good things...” about Riton. Why are we asking for more opinions if we’ve already heard good things and have bought the damn scope already? The choice has clearly been made, so wait until you get it and if there’s nothing out there then post up an overview and your experiences for others...

That Riton 5x25 def looks like an Athlon Argos BTR..just a bigger tube and slight differences on the eyepiece.

4-32...8X Erector...that's something Athlon hasnt speced out yet.

Just like some of the the "morons" I deal with at work that buy Pep Boys tires for their expensive performance cars. " tires are all the same!". Yeah, they are all round and black. Next!

he is excited

probably the first scope he bought that cost more than $500

I have learned meeting people as much as I do, when they randomly ask you what I think of a certain product, they own it,

once they drop their cash they're invested
Never understood this. The order is:
1. do your research
2. buy the best product you can afford that fits your requirements/desires
3. be happy with it or sell the damn thing if it doesn’t pass muster.

Why care what anyone else thinks about your optic as long as you’re happy?

Oh, right. This is the internet. Sorry, I forgot for a second...

The Riton Mod7’s are decent scopes.
I purchased one from a vendor here several months ago and have enjoyed it for what it is. I think the 7 is the only model that’s Japanese and it’s got very nice glass for the price.
I have several Athlons that I could put side by side with it and do a comparison, but if @lowlight is doing a review, let’s see what comes of that.

The Riton Mod7’s are decent scopes.
I purchased one from a vendor here several months ago and have enjoyed it for what it is. I think the 7 is the only model that’s Japanese and it’s got very nice glass for the price.
I have several Athlons that I could put side by side with it and do a comparison, but if @lowlight is doing a review, let’s see what comes of that.
Interesting. Would you say it is on par with SWFA HD glass?