• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advice Request for Rifle Takedown Project - 3D Printed

Boogaloo69

Private
Minuteman
Apr 29, 2020
Hey everyone, I am interested in developing 3D printed takedown chassis for bolt action rifles, and I was thinking to start with a simple Cricket .22.

Do you have any suggestions as to how I can acquire a used / broken Crickett or similar .22LR rifle for cheap? I can get one new for $99 but I would prefer not to cannibalize a new one. Additionally, what other rifle types would you like to see a takedown chassis for?

It sounds like you are proposing to make a knockoff of another's R&D. Not sure if you are doing this for your own use, or if you are proposing to sell them? If the latter is the case, it is a sure way to get yourself banned from the site.

Since you just joined the site, I would strongly recommend that you read the forum rules. JMHO
I am uncertain as to where I alluded to knocking off another's R&D in my post. I read the forum rules thoroughly, and I am not in violation of any. I enjoy tinkering and furthermore, I enjoy sharing things with the shooting community. My intention is to create my own design and share the files for free, as I and many others have enjoyed doing over the years.

Accusing me of wanting to knockoff something that does not exist to my knowledge is extremely silly and immature, and I find your response to be petty and hostile being that I a new member. JMHO