• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Advice

ctcarden62

Private
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2009
Nashville, TN
Hello, I have been a long time reader of the hide but this is my first post. I am looking for advice on my bolt gun. I have a Blaser Tactical 2 in .308. This is a very consistent rifle. If I do my part is always does its part. However, I have wanted a Tac-Ops rifle for a few years now. I would like to have an American made rifle. Opinions needed! Thanks!

Re: Advice

You cannot fairly compare a full custom rifle to a factory rifle. It just isn't a fair comparison. I have an Xray on order with Mike, but most of my shooting now is with factory rifles that have been worked on, and they work great. If you are gonna go the custom route, TacOps is truly the best you can get because of their attention to detail.

Re: Advice

Thank you for the comments. I agree it is not a fair comparison. I really like the attention to detail that Mike puts into his rifles. I know that his will be more accurate. On the days that I shoot well the blaser always performs. If I shoot 1/4 moa it does as well. Most of the time I hover around .3-.4. As long as the ammo performs it does as well. That said, It is not a Tac-ops!!