• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Advise on S&B 1.1-4x24

merlinnnn

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2008
Ca
I am thinking of putting a S&B 1.1-4x24 Flashdot scope on a LRB M25 (M1A). It will primarily be used hunting boar.

How versatile is this scope?

Does anyone have one mounted on a M14 M1A, how does it work out?

Is the S&B worth the price over the other 1-4 type scopes?

Thanks,

merlinn

Re: Advise on S&B 1.1-4x24

What distance will you normally be shooting at? Take a look at the short dot with locking terrets. If you have the money S&B is well worth it.

Stout like a tank, at 4x I have taken shots at roe deer, small deer, lesser than a whitetail calf at 150 meters = 170 yards,

for running shots they are exelent I prefer to be at about 2,5x for all but the wery shortest of shots.

I have a nr 4 reticle vith an ilum dot in the center, for a pure running target shot set up I would go with the circle dot reticle.

/Chris

Most everything more than likely will be with-in 200 yards.

Is it worth the extra over say an Aimpoint???

merlinn

I'd also look at the new Trijicon Accu-point 1-4 scopes. If its for close shots, it might be a good choice for you. Cheaper, no batteries, and Trijicon quality. Some of the new ones are with green aiming points. Very bright, apparently. I'm looking forward to mine arriving very much (they're not going to be widely available for a couple of weeks).

a cheaper option would be a Millett 1-4x24 DMS for around $190. Very popular in 3 gun matches. I have one and it's optics are never going to be a S&B, but for the money, more than enough for what you will be using it for.

Well, I did it... mounted up the S&B today.. very pleased.

Pics to follow.

merlinn

+1 on the pics!

You made a great decision. I've never regretted spending $ on great quality glass. I love my Short Dot.