• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advise or advice

i_Adam_i18

Private
Minuteman
Oct 22, 2008
Olympia, WA
The difference between advise and advice... I see a lot of people asking for "advise".

"advise" would be like when you advise (advize) the census guy that he should remove himself from your property before you remove him.

"advice" with a "c" would be when you are looking for advice on the best AR/night vision/bayonet combo to use when answering the door to say hi to the census guy.

Re: Advise or advice

Advice' is a noun: you can give someone a 'piece of advice'. For example, let me give you some advice about travelling in China.

'Advise' is a verb: He advised me to always keep my passport on me when I was in China. His advice was very useful.

Another example: She was asked to advise (verb) the government on immigration. Her advice (noun) was used to prepare the new programs.

The people over their need to get they're story straight, there really confusing those of us who understand proper word use.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spazz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The people over their need to get they're story straight, there really confusing those of us who understand proper word use. </div></div>

Awsome, every wrong use of there, their, they're in one sentance. I love it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WASP7067</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spazz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The people over their need to get they're story straight, there really confusing those of us who understand proper word use. </div></div>

Awsome, every wrong use of there, their, they're in one sentance. I love it. </div></div>

It's great when people get the joke.

Their shooting there guns over they're.
Your shooting you're guns over hear.

You mispelled incredable.
crazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where both going to need to we're our ghillies we're where going.
</div></div>

That one made my head hurt.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">www.dictionary.com

foreign territory for many here on the Hide.

Eye wood advize ewe two chek et owt. </div></div>

That's funny you mention it, that's my homepage. I probably use it twice a day just to make sure I know what I'm talking about.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where both going to need to we're our ghillies we're where going.
</div></div>

That one made my head hurt. </div></div>

+1000
crazy.gif

I had to except the fact that my breaks were loosing their affectiveness. The pressure would peek, than I started feeling the petal drift closer to the floor. They would do it all the time, accept when I was going slower then 20 mph.

I started to take care of it myself, and I even managed to get the front tires lose. Hear was my problem: I didn't know if I had a leek in the lines or the calibers. I had my wife push the break down, and I could here fluid hitting the ground somewhere under the front end of the car. I peaked around the rotary and saw it spraying out of the caliber!

I decided to take it to a mechanic. He said that all the salt they put on the roads was effecting the seals going on my calibers. In the end, I ended up paying $400 but I'm alot safer now.

I'm pretty bored this morning... If using the wrong word irritates you as much as it does me, you'll have a field day with that little story. I count 19 misused words in my story. Have fun!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spazz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had to except the fact that my breaks were loosing their affectiveness. The pressure would peek, than I started feeling the petal drift closer to the floor. They would do it all the time, accept when I was going slower then 20 mph.

I started to take care of it myself, and I even managed to get the front tires lose. Hear was my problem: I didn't know if I had a leek in the lines or the calibers. I had my wife push the break down, and I could here fluid hitting the ground somewhere under the front end of the car. I peaked around the rotary and saw it spraying out of the caliber!

I decided to take it to a mechanic. He said that all the salt they put on the roads was effecting the seals going on my calibers. In the end, I ended up paying $400 but I'm alot safer now.

I'm pretty bored this morning... If using the wrong word irritates you as much as it does me, you'll have a field day with that little story. I count 19 misused words in my story. Have fun! </div></div>

WINNER!
Game Over.

Oh Elmer, you're quite predictable. You took that one hook, line and sinker.

Navy Corpseman, ya gotta love it, but then he is a whistletooth, so that may explain it.
roflolrhard.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spazz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had to except the fact that my breaks were loosing their affectiveness. The pressure would peek, than I started feeling the petal drift closer to the floor. They would do it all the time, accept when I was going slower then 20 mph.

I'm pretty bored this morning... If using the wrong word irritates you as much as it does me, you'll have a field day with that little story. I count 19 misused words in my story. Have fun! </div></div>

err... is this related to 'opportunity cost' or a test?... ya missed a "couple"... but I was howlin' anyway.
grin.gif

I had to except the fact that my breaks were loosing their affectiveness. The pressure <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">wood</span> </span>peek, than I started feeling the petal drift closer to the floor. They <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">wood</span></span> do it all the time, accept when I was going slower then 20 mph.

I decided to take it to a mechanic. He said that all the salt they put on the roads was effecting the <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">ceils</span></span> going on my calibers. In the end, I ended up paying $400 but I'm alot safer now.

I'm pretty <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">board</span></span> this morning... If using the wrong word irritates you as much as it does me, you'll have a field day with that little story. I count 19 misused words in my story. Have fun!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spazz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
vwhuggersucksass.jpg
</div></div>