• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AE MKIII vs 155 Grain A Max Match?

vno.helix

"comfort is the enemy of progress"
Minuteman
May 22, 2011
Los Angeles
www.linkedin.com
Does anyone have experience with the 1:12 twist AE shooting 155 GR(Hornady 308 Palma 155 Grain A Max Match) ? I am trying to find factory ammo that recoils less then the 175 GR GM308M2 and still groups respectfully. Less recoil is important. This is an attempt to get the woman to shoot and eventually get her an AE of herself. She really likes the 20 inch barrel. I understand that by itself is an disadvantage over the 24 inch barrel, but whatever keeps her happy.

Thanks

I cant imagine that accuracy would be any issue with the AE. The slower twist is really only an issue with the heaviest bullets (240Gr)

If you are trying to reach out to longer distance with the lighter bullet, you might want to look into the Lapua 155 Scenars. They have a very high BC. Since you have an AE, you could change the barrel out to a 260 or 243 and do even better at range with lighter recoil. Naturally a brake will help lots too if it doesnt already have one.