• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors AEM 5 vs OCM 5

jzerfoss

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2019
WV and VA
Does anyone here have experience with or have heard AEM 5 and OCM 5 compared side by side? If so which is quieter as the shooter and bystander.

Reactions: Diavg38
The more important question to ask is can I even find an AEM5? I wouldn’t even worry about which is quieter if you can’t even get one of them.

The more important question to ask is can I even find an AEM5? I wouldn’t even worry about which is quieter if you can’t even get one of them.
I've seen them pop up multiple times. Also, I've heard someone else has taken over manufacturing to up production.

Reactions: HansohnBrothers
I've shot them all.

They are all pretty comparable.

OCM5 is lighter.

The other weekend, I shot my well tuned LMT / AEM5 and it was considerably less gassy against a stock LMT / OCM5 which was surprising. I'm sure the OCM5 setup would edge it out though with a similar AGB / Buffer setup.

I did a video a while back comparing an Ops 12, AEM5, and OCM5