• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AERO M16A4 clone milled out for f/a fcg?

Pipeandwire

Private
Minuteman
May 31, 2023
Illinois
Hey all,
is the Aero precision m16a4 drilled (mean pocket milled) out for a full auto fire control group or is it called a clone just because of the auto selector and other markings?
thanks
cant find a top view of one anywhere, if anyone has one can u please upload a pic of the pocket.

Last edited:
Hey all,
is the Aero precision m16a4 drilled out for a full auto fire control group or is it called a clone just because of the auto selector markings?
thanks
cant find a top view of one anywhere
Well if it was drilled out it would be a machine gun so I’m gonna say no. It’s probably just markings.

Reactions: shoobe01
Incorrect.

Drilled for sear pin is a no-go.

Milling that allows fit/clearance for auto sear is totally fine and several manufacturers produce and sell lowers made this way to the public.

For these lowers, all that’s required to install an auto sear is drilling a hole in the correct location for the pin. Those with the correct FFL/SOT often choose these lowers for conversion because it’s quicker/easier than other lowers.

OP’s original wording was pretty poor which may have contributed to some confusion.

If a lower has the pin hole for a sear or has the relief cuts it’s a machine gun in the eye of the ATF.
My wording says MILLED out, not drilled out. I’m an FFL w sot and have fa mg’s. I’m not asking about the 3rd hole, I’m asking about the pocket.

Attachments

• IMG_8782.jpeg
    IMG_8782.jpeg
    109.6 KB · Views: 79
In your title, yes. In the body of your post, no. You said “drilled out”.

You’re responsible for some of the miscommunication. The other guy got the milled out part incorrect and that part’s on him.

🙂

Incorrect.

Drilled for sear pin is a no-go.

Milling that allows fit/clearance for auto sear is totally fine and several manufacturers produce and sell lowers made this way to the public.

For these lowers, all that’s required to install an auto sear is drilling a hole in the correct location for the pin. Those with the correct FFL/SOT often choose these lowers for conversion because it’s quicker/easier than other lowers.

OP’s original wording was pretty poor which may have contributed to some confusion.
Guess I contradicted myself between post title and description. But I’m definitely asking about the pocket
mine too… lol

According to the "Master List" on another site, Aero clone lowers are low self with no M16 cut. That list is 3 years old, though.

Guess I contradicted myself between post title and description. But I’m definitely asking about the pocket

mine too… lol
It’s all good but the answer to your question I believe the best of my knowledge is it’s just a markings thing I don’t think that they’re mailed out like you were looking for

Ironically (and a bit comicle) I am an Aero dealer, I have an email in to my rep but was hoping to get a jump start on a project and get in an early order and figure out my parts for the build.

I know BCM is.
M & M has lots and blems as well very happy with them. Aero has some good dealer sales going and thought ide check on the clone. Idk why they call it a clone if the pocket is the same as an ar15, the markungs mean nothing if you cant really make it an aero m16.

M & M has lots and blems as well very happy with them. Aero has some good dealer sales going and thought ide check on the clone. Idk why they call it a clone if the pocket is the same as an ar15, the markungs mean nothing if you cant really make it an aero m16.
Virtually no one who is buying an Aero M16 "clone" (which it isn't with a Nitrided barrel anyway) is an SOT etc who can convert it anyway.

Virtually no one who is buying an Aero M16 "clone" (which it isn't with a Nitrided barrel anyway) is an SOT etc who can convert it anyway.
I am an 07 02 sot, just dont have the tools to mill. Converting otherwise isn’t a problem at all. i was only interested in the lower, have some good dealer pricing offered and thought the clone might be a good candidate for a build.

I am an 07 02 sot, just dont have the tools to mill. Converting otherwise isn’t a problem at all. i was only interested in the lower, have some good dealer pricing offered and thought the clone might be a good candidate for a build.
Unfortunately I'd bet money that none of the PSA clone lowers even from H&R have the milling either.

I have received an email back from the manufacturer and in fact the M16A4 clone is NOT MILLED with the required pocket for full auto control group and or parts kit. I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to help me out. Take care