• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Aero M5E1 enhanced build kit or Seekins SP10 build kit?

River44

Private
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2023
Texas
I’m wanting to build a highly accurate 308 for hunting. I’m not trying skimp on quality parts and so far, with my limited knowledge, these two seem to be a good place to start. Any pros or cons to using one these build kits?

The cons to the Seekins are the availability, cost, lack of handguard lengths, and lack of forward assist which is a personal thing. I prefer them to the aero m5e1 sets anyhow. Finding a SP10 builders kit will be your biggest hurdle. Either would get the job done.

Never touched a Seekins, but for Aero I personally like the non-M upper with the Atlas S-One handguard. The M5E1 is solid, but fat.

I’m wanting to build a highly accurate 308 for hunting. I’m not trying skimp on quality parts and so far, with my limited knowledge, these two seem to be a good place to start. Any pros or cons to using one these build kits?
Add Mega MML to your list to research as well since looking for monolithic style uppers.

Aero will work, I have some and using an M5e1 enhanced set now to build a precision build, but it doesn’t compare to Seekins or Mega when it come to quality with the little things. I have a mega set I just finished as well.

But Compass Lake uses all Aero M5 enhanced uppers for his builds. That speaks for the precision side. Just be sure you buy a matching lower.

Just going to add, if this is your buy once, cry once build then go Seekins or Mega. I’m not sure on Seekins, but I know Mega is a thermal fit barrel/upper and upper to lower lockup is vault tight.

Never touched a Seekins, but for Aero I personally like the non-M upper with the Atlas S-One handguard. The M5E1 is solid, but fat.
I don’t for precision build and fatter barrels. Handguard flexes to easy and I had to dremel out two builds with Atlas S one hand guards for clearance.

Are you hunting on foot? Both will be heavy, depending on barrel and stock. More suited for bipod/tripod/rest shooting.
The Seekins is ambi, Aero is not (ambi safety bought separately).
They both use proprietary handguards, which are much larger OD than most are used to. There is one aftermarket handguard for the Aero Enhanced, none for the Seekins.

Are you hunting on foot? Both will be heavy, depending on barrel and stock. More suited for bipod/tripod/rest shooting.
The Seekins is ambi, Aero is not (ambi safety bought separately).
They both use proprietary handguards, which are much larger OD than most are used to. There is one aftermarket handguard for the Aero Enhanced, none for the Seekins.
I’d be stand hunting/tripod/bipod

My Aero M5 (bought as several pieces) is pretty heavy, as configured.

18” barrel
All Aero parts except the following:
Burris XTRii 4-20 scope
Leupold DPP on angle mount
Magpul Sling
Magpul AFG
Magpul PRS Lite
ERGO grip
No-name bipod

Weighs in around 14 pounds. Will be around 15, when my suppressor arrives.

4B69C2DE-9090-4F2D-8C86-4D272BE1C541.jpeg

Reactions: River44
Yes, got an SPR profiled Bartlein barrel chambered by Craddock and then converted to LMT barrel extension. The previous LMT barrel just couldn’t get inside of 1.5MOA but the new barrel is well inside 1MOA with the same hand loads.

@waterman86 I would think the mount being on the handguard…

Preventing that issue is the whole reason for the monolithic rail platform (MRP). It’s not just the quick change barrel system, it’s a one piece upper receiver/handguard.

Seekins Builders kit. 18” proof. Call the sales team. Seems to be quicker. Then you build to your spec.
7DE99122-05C2-4A70-A1C5-7C63F7B5289A.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: B Man
I prefer the enhanced myself . They offer lots of room for an adjustable gas block . Here’s a couple of uppers I need to get out and shoot.
M5 standard upper with 17.25” JP mk3 hg.
18” CLE 4 groove Bartlein 6.5cm barrel
M5 enhanced with 17.5” Sgt of arms arca hg
22” Craddock signature 5r Bartlein 6.5cm barrel.
Also here is a 20” Krieger 6.5cm (CLE) with enhanced upper with 15” hg.
06A17AC2-305C-47D9-8D70-2DF9EB355439.jpeg
EEAEEF59-A5C1-45B1-B988-7A0FAD4EF35E.jpeg

Reactions: db2000
Ive left them 2 voice messages and emailed them. They haven’t bothered to reply to either
Persistence is all I can say. Not with repeated VM or emails though. Just try calling different times of the day until someone answers is my recommendation. Repeat customers have extensions to dial to get immediate service.

Reactions: newguy2k3v2
Never mind, just noticed I posted a 5.56 link

For about $1000 an Aero M5 can be made to meet the OP's needs,

Last edited:
I also ordered my upper from Compass Lake - almost 10 weeks ago. It shipped today.

Last item to purchase is a Nightforce C545 scope (hopefully from Doug @cameraland if he can get inventory soon)