• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Aero M5E1/M4E1 vs Seekins uppers?

RickyRodney

Private
Minuteman
May 4, 2014
MD
Is there any accuracy benefit going with aero enhanced uppers or seekins uppers? I know I want an enhanced or monolithic upper to build on. I have the seekins uppers in hand but I might sell them to go with Aero and the sgt arms handguards.

Also has anyone had any issues with LMT MRP/MWS uppers with barrels getting loose or having any accuracy problems?

A GAP-10 is built off Seekins receivers..

Either one has a solid handguard mounting system. Glen supports our shooting community and has excellent customer service.

Aero was gouging pretty hard during the obama years, haven't supported them since.

LMT MRP platforms are solid. Barrels are loose only when the bolts are.

A GAP-10 is built off Seekins receivers..

Either one has a solid handguard mounting system. Glen supports our shooting community and has excellent customer service.

Aero was gouging pretty hard during the obama years, haven't supported them since.
If Seekins would offer a longer handguard than 15" for +3 gas and 22"+ barrels this would be a no brainer. I want to put my bipod as far out as possible and have more arca rail space.

I'd like a longer rail also but it would need a cutout for the gas block adjustment. You could use the Area 419 17" rail, that would give you a lot of extra space out front and still be solid in the rear.

Reactions: Jigstick
I like the idea of having the bipod out as far as possible. But. It is a pain in the dick if it is out further than I can reach while behind the gun. I’m not exactly an orangutan but I’ve got pretty long arms. The end of a 15” handguard is inconvenient most of the time.

If Seekins would offer a longer handguard than 15" for +3 gas and 22"+ barrels this would be a no brainer. I want to put my bipod as far out as possible and have more arca rail space.
I've got the Seekins handguard on a 22" +2 barrel with an Arca rail cantilevered a couple inches past kinda like a spigot. Works fine, impossible to adjust while in position if that matters to you.

I've got the Seekins handguard on a 22" +2 barrel with an Arca rail cantilevered a couple inches past kinda like a spigot. Works fine, impossible to adjust while in position if that matters to you.
That was one of my thoughts. Do you notice any flex in the acra rail? Any pictures and details on the exact set up?

That was one of my thoughts. Do you notice any flex in the acra rail? Any pictures and details on the exact set up?
Just an Area419 rail bolted on, I think I had to shave one of the Mlok tits off of it because it landed at the end of the HG where there wasn't a slot. If I grab the bipod by the feet I can get the Arca rail to flex, but that's a lot of force/leverage and I can't see a shooting scenario that would impart that much weight into it.
20220912_184134.jpg
20220912_184150.jpg
20220912_184232_HDR.jpg

I've used the Aero M4E1 for service rifle and it's a great upper receiver but handguards like the Spiker don't fit the receiver extension really tight. For a practical match gun, I love the flat bottom forearm. A Seekins upper and handguard fit like a glove. Their uppers and lowers lock up like a vault. Seekins also is full of world class people and I love dealing with them.