• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Aero Precision 6.5 Creedmoore build AAR

Shawnson

Private
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2013
Colorado
I was attending a DM class and built a new rifle in preparation.

Aero upper, lower, and BCG. Geissele SSA-E trigger and a Criterion 6.5 barrel. The suppressor is a Form 1.

Handloads with Hornady brass, Winchester LR Primers, H-4350 (41grn), Hornady 140 VLD-M (2750FPS).

Overall I was extremely happy with its performance and its reliability. Over 5 days and about 700 rounds I had 3-4 rounds fail to go all the way into battery but it was near the end of the day shooting suppressed all day (cleaned nightly). During our time on the long-range I was thrilled to get the chance to shoot at a mile. My calculator got me to within 3MILS or so and I took 3 rounds to get my dope. Then out of the next 10 rounds I had 5 hits on a 19"x28" steel. There had been a good 10-15MPH wind all day but it was just starting to settle down a bit (5-10) when we did the mile shots.

Attachments

• processed.jpeg
    processed.jpeg
    766.4 KB · Views: 81
  • processed (3).jpeg
    processed (3).jpeg
    789.9 KB · Views: 86
  • processed (2) redacted.jpg
    processed (2) redacted.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 81
Looks like a fun day you had there. Nice shooting eapecially with the 15 mph wind. I love the ssa-e trigger.

I was attending a DM class and built a new rifle in preparation.

Aero upper, lower, and BCG. Geissele SSA-E trigger and a Criterion 6.5 barrel. The suppressor is a Form 1.

Handloads with Hornady brass, Winchester LR Primers, H-4350 (41grn), Hornady 140 VLD-M (2750FPS).

Overall I was extremely happy with its performance and its reliability. Over 5 days and about 700 rounds I had 3-4 rounds fail to go all the way into battery but it was near the end of the day shooting suppressed all day (cleaned nightly). During our time on the long-range I was thrilled to get the chance to shoot at a mile. My calculator got me to within 3MILS or so and I took 3 rounds to get my dope. Then out of the next 10 rounds I had 5 hits on a 19"x28" steel. There had been a good 10-15MPH wind all day but it was just starting to settle down a bit (5-10) when we did the mile shots.

Great shooting! Did you go with a standard M5 upper or the M5E1?

Great shooting! Did you go with a standard M5 upper or the M5E1?
I went with the standard. I thought about the E1 but it was not in stock at the time. I also am not a huge fan of having proprietary parts that do not allow using different manufacture's stuff if you decide you don't like the original setup. I get the argument that there is some amount of flex in the standard ar10 around the area of the barrel nut to upper connection. I dont think getting an E1 is a bad idea but I am also very happy with what I have.

Reactions: mercervillerental
Well shit Brother, post a closer/bigger pic of the rifle, sounds legit.

I went with the standard. I thought about the E1 but it was not in stock at the time. I also am not a huge fan of having proprietary parts that do not allow using different manufacture's stuff if you decide you don't like the original setup. I get the argument that there is some amount of flex in the standard ar10 around the area of the barrel nut to upper connection. I dont think getting an E1 is a bad idea but I am also very happy with what I have.

I'm starting to come around to the same line of thinking. I just bought a Mega receiver set for an AR10 in 308 but if I build a 6.5 I might try an Aero

Reactions: Shawnson