• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Aero Precision customer service sucks

elwarpo

Still Learning...
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2011
North of Houston, TX
I bought a Atlas S-1 handguard. Go to install it and it does not fit over my superlative gas block (gas block groove too narrow on the atlas). Well during the install it got scratched due to it not fitting so I can not return it to the retailer. The superlative is a low profile gas block. Nowhere on the Aero Precision webpage does it say it won't fit. So I called them up and the guy tells me it will not fit and there is nothing he can do and tells me to sell it on ebay or armslist at a loss.

You would think they would support their product and try to keep a customer happy. I asked if they would take this one back and send me a regular handguard. The atlas costs more so this would be to their advantage as they could sell it as a blem for the same money the enhanced handguard costs.

Buyer Beware the atlas will not fit all gas blocks.

Aero Web Site tells you the ID

• Front and rear picatinny rail
  • Eliminated center of top rail for weight reduction
  • Indexing grooves in 12:00 position for positive grip control
  • Quick disconnect sling socket at the 3, 6 and 9 o'clock positions
  • Compatible with low profile gas blocks
  • 1.3" Inside diameter
  • 1.5" Outside diameter

SABO-DI-750-Solid-110921_1024x1024.jpg

Another thing to be aware of is that not all gas blocks work well with M Lok either, at least not if you want to install things right under the block. With some hand guards when you put an accessory directly under the gas block the screws will protrude enough to make contact with the gas block.

I’ll give you $40 and drive to you if you’re within 50 miles...

Another valid point to make is "if it doesn't fit don't force it". Very few parts on any firearm require "forcing it".

Reactions: Tx_Aggie
Another valid point to make is "if it doesn't fit don't force it". Very few parts on any firearm require "forcing it".
I see you arent the proud owner of a BCM KMR, I have multiple and you have to fight them all lol

• Haha
Reactions: alamo5000
Sell the gas block and get a smaller one.

Clean up the scratch and send it back if your within the return time frame.

OP, you learned a valuable lesson the hard way unfortunately, but by posting the problem you've helped remind all of us to always confirm things will fit and function properly. Thank you for that.

Reactions: jinxx4ever
I waited 3-4 months for an SA gas block, it doesn’t seem to work any better thana normal one on my 10.5. Talk about disappointment.

I’d like to try their piston system still, because I’m stupid apparently

Reactions: Stoweit
I cut sections out of hand guards alll the time to accommodate JP gas blocks.
It’s taller than the ID you’d have a c channel instead of a tube pretty much, not really but you’d take half the wall thickness out which wouldn’t be stupid.

You just need a bigger ball peen hammer.
My first one is beat to shit from letting someone else assemble it because I was lazy. They hit it on the front edge with a hammer. Luckily I got it half price or I’d been pissed. Just makes you less worried about dinging it shooting.

Another thing to be aware of is that not all gas blocks work well with M Lok either, at least not if you want to install things right under the block. With some hand guards when you put an accessory directly under the gas block the screws will protrude enough to make contact with the gas block.
You just trim the screw.

You just trim the screw.
It might work in some situations but not all. I've had a couple that I even tried to shave down the M Lok screw and nut both. It's definitely not an ideal fix.

It might work in some situations but not all. I've had a couple that I even tried to shave down the M Lok screw and nut both. It's definitely not an ideal fix.
Well you specifically said the screws.

SLR gas blocks are low profile, but only with respect to gas blocks intentionally designed not to fit under hand guards. They are huge by comparison to an actual low-pro gas block.

Hahahahahaa

“I screwed up and you suck for not eating the cost of my own mistake!!!”

@akmike47 - if you follow the directions on the BCM MCMR they are pretty easy to install.
At least the few I have done.
Or I have Magic Hands like that one lady said….. 🤷‍♂️😆😆😆

Hahahahahaa

@akmike47 - if you follow the directions on the BCM MCMR they are pretty easy to install.
I followed them they were just tight as hell. Also the wrench grooves on the nuts strip really easy. Had to file off the high spots.

The issue is the gas block groove. It is not radiuses but has sharp edges. Paint doesn not stick well to sharp edges (I challenge anyone on that since I have been inventing paint for 35 years). I did not force it on, but the gas block touched the edges and scratched the paint. I could have just returned it but I knew I was scratched, and that is dishonest. The problem is my gas block fits the height of the rail, it is the gas block groove is not wide enough. You can not measure that since there groove steps down in the middle of the rail.

Reactions: Milf Dots
Hahahahahaa

How did I screw up, when I ordered it, everything they said on their website showed my gas block will fit. Maybe you are just a trolling dick.

Aero Web Site tells you the ID

• Front and rear picatinny rail
  • Eliminated center of top rail for weight reduction
  • Indexing grooves in 12:00 position for positive grip control
  • Quick disconnect sling socket at the 3, 6 and 9 o'clock positions
  • Compatible with low profile gas blocks
  • 1.3" Inside diameter
  • 1.5" Outside diameter

SABO-DI-750-Solid-110921_1024x1024.jpg
My gas block met those measurements, the issue is the groove they cut for the gas block is too narrow and not angled, and that they do not list on their website.

Reactions: Milf Dots
I waited 3-4 months for an SA gas block, it doesn’t seem to work any better thana normal one on my 10.5. Talk about disappointment.

They work great, if you want to run minimal gas and use a can.

My 10" 300 will run nicely with the can and subs, or hammer the buffer with supers. I can take the gas down for supers so it's not trying to smash the buffer into a pancake.

I'm not running a fighting rifle, it's a fun gun. I enjoy dialing the gas back and not getting a cloud of gas with the can on.

They work great, if you want to run minimal gas and use a can.

My 10" 300 will run nicely with the can and subs, or hammer the buffer with supers. I can take the gas down for supers so it's not trying to smash the buffer into a pancake.

I'm not running a fighting rifle, it's a fun gun. I enjoy dialing the gas back and not getting a cloud of gas with the can on.
No matter what I did it was way over gassed. Eventually I’m replacing the crap barrel on it so I’ll try again later.

Forget who made it but at 25yd on a rest it was shooting 5” groups lol. I got it at some crazy low sale price and quickly figured out why.

No matter what I did it was way over gassed. Eventually I’m replacing the crap barrel on it so I’ll try again later.

Forget who made it but at 25yd on a rest it was shooting 5” groups lol. I got it at some crazy low sale price and quickly figured out why.

I'd guess they drilled a far over-sized gas port and you just couldn't vent enough.

Reactions: akmike47
I'd guess they drilled a far over-sized gas port and you just couldn't vent enough.
Yeah that’s my thoughts. If I ever run across a cheap comb .22 conversion I don’t need I’ll build a .22 lr upper with it. That way it’ll have a good reason to shoot like shit lol

Would be fun though I guess, I have a m&p-15/22 I shoot the hell out of.

You tried it in bleed off and restricted?

You tried it in bleed off and restricted?
Yeah, I gave up on it. Been a few years ago I just remembered I had one.

Probably sent me a junk one, I had to call them over a few months to get them to ever ship it. It was in stock when I ordered it too.

Reactions: Clayman