• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Aero Precision Enhanced M5 Feed Ramps

DAJAMES

Private
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2020
In a bit of a quandary right now. Built this aero M5 upper with a blackhole weaponry 6.5 CM barrel and after torque the barrel nut to spec, I looked at the feed ramps and 1:theres basically no ramps, 2: what is left of a feed ramp doesnt mate with the barrel extension...... anyone have any insite? Are these feed ramps normal or aeros or did I get a dud?
20200725_132516.jpg
20200725_132328.jpg

Normal, they undercut it by a lot to have a wider range of barrel compatibility. Works fine on mine, even with 150 smk "pointy-sum-b**ches".

Reactions: DAJAMES
While it will work, its not ideal. You really want them blended and a lot of people building there own that have this issue blend them together for smooth, problem free feeding and to stop any possible bullet damage..

Higher end receivers dont look like this and match up perfectly like my MEGA for example..

Reactions: DAJAMES
Normal, they undercut it by a lot to have a wider range of barrel compatibility. Works fine on mine, even with 150 smk "pointy-sum-b**ches".
Yes, severely point. I took out the firing pin and fed a round and those teeth on the barrel extension keep snagging the round in between them. Severely pointy lol. I contacted BHW after doing some research and found out I'm not the only one with these particular issues.

I just looked at both my M5s and the barrel feed ramps actually match up with the receiver. Your barrel cuts look a lot wider than mine (Faxon .308 and Criterion 6.5 CM).

Yes, severely point. I took out the firing pin and fed a round and those teeth on the barrel extension keep snagging the round in between them. Severely pointy lol. I contacted BHW after doing some research and found out I'm not the only one with these particular issues.
What did you end up doing ? I have the exact same issue w a wilson arms barrel.

this

the array of barrels with wide cuts is astonishing really. OP looks on the wide side for sure