• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Aero Precision M5e1

basti0076

Private
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2024
Northern Germany
Hello everyone,

if you would be so kind, could you tell me please, what are your experiences with the Aero Precision M5e1? The one with the 20” stainless .308 barrel ready to go from the shelf, to be exact.

I guess it’s best to describe my requirements at first. The rifle should be used mostly up to 300 m, so nothing really special. But occasionally it should be used on a 1000m range. Ok, at least what the .308 with good quality handloads is capable of.
What are your experiences, what can I expect accuracy wise? It would be great if it’s possible to get roughly around 1 MOA. I know you can’t speak in general because it depends on the specific rifle, but what are your rifles good for?

I don’t know if Aero Precision is a brand I can trust but it’s one of the few AR10s available in Germany.

The second choice is to buy a Remington 700 barreled action and set it up myself.
On the bottom line I would prefer the AR10 because meanwhile the AR15 feels so natural to me and I’m well trained with that type of rifle.

Thank you so much and have great day.

Kindest regards
Sebastian

The Aero M5 is ok, not great. It is comparatively hard to make AR-10's run well when measured against how easy it is to make AR-15's run well. I would expect an Aero to give me maybe 2-3 MOA with the factory barrel. I would personally choose something else like a JP or GA Precision if I had to go through a lot of pain to get one. If the Aero is a lot cheaper and easier to get, you might consider swapping out the barrel if it doesn't shoot well.

Built a lot of Aero M5 with BA barrels (They make Aero barrels) and have a few personally. All 1MOA performers with right ammo and tuning.

Reactions: UpSideDown
Built a lot of Aero M5 with BA barrels (They make Aero barrels) and have a few personally. All 1MOA performers with right ammo and tuning.
That's pretty good, just not the baseline I would bank on if I had to go through whatever Euro-import-hoop-jumping exercise there is.

I used the M5E1 upper and handguard combo in a precision 24” 6.5CM rifle I built last year. Excellent quality and great finish. I can’t speak to their barrels, but the Aero parts are very good. I‘ve also used many of their lowers and other M4E1 uppers and they have all been great.

i think their complete upper with the BA barrel should do what you want.

Reactions: FredHammer