• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Aero Precision PCC / EPC released today

I got one of the complete uppers headed my way. They said in a few weeks they would release complete lowers. If I can get a receiver set I will have no need for the stripped upper

I just don't understand the appeal of pistol caliber options in the AR platform. I'm sure it will be good like all aero products but not really seeing the benefit here
Imo, the benefit is in using the same weapon in IDPA PCC stages - running a familiar weapon through complex stages to get training reps in.

And we can use 9mm ammo to feed our ARs instead of the golden 5.56 :ROFLMAO:

Imo, the benefit is in using the same weapon in IDPA PCC stages - running a familiar weapon through complex stages to get training reps in.

9mm just about the same price as 556 nowadays at .80-.90 a pop

I just don't understand the appeal of pistol caliber options in the AR platform. I'm sure it will be good like all aero products but not really seeing the benefit here
Fun factor is through the roof, PCC matches are great, relatively cheap to shoot, you get to shoot steel at pistol distances with a rifle, easier/potentially safer to teach kids with, the list goes on. They aren't super practical, but not everything has to be.

Fun factor is through the roof, PCC matches are great, relatively cheap to shoot, you get to shoot steel at pistol distances with a rifle, easier/potentially safer to teach kids with, the list goes on. They aren't super practical, but not everything has to be.
fun factor definitely matters. good stuff

Reactions: TonyTheTiger
I snagged a receiver set. I've always wanted some form of 9mm AR and this receiver set is my ticket in... Supposed to get some sort of free item if it was within the first 1k. Guess I need to invest in 9mm reloading now... SPP gonna bankrupt me.

Cool design, kinda dig it. Controls of what your used to is a plus. Tempted to build one, but my Scorpion checks a lot of boxes as is.

Wondering how the PCC receiver fits this definition? Or do you mean running the same type of gun with controls in the same place as your 5.56 carbine?

Shoot steel at 10ft ✅
Run subsonic ✅
(Big difference when suppressed)
Cheaper (normally) ✅
More realistic recoil that 22lr ✅
Subsonic 9mm designed to expand compared to 300blk subs ✅

Well I can't shoot it yet but I like it.

Attachments

• IMG_20210312_170705782.jpg
    IMG_20210312_170705782.jpg
    573.4 KB · Views: 135
Good for IDPA and IPSC PCC matches and fun range toy.

Post a pic when it’s done

Will do. Just ordered the 5.5" barrel and LPK this morning. I'm a bit undecided on what exactly I want though. Maybe a bit impractical but I love the look of a suppressor nested partially inside the handguard. When the barrel arrives I'll mock up my Octane 9 and see what HG I want to go with. The SBPDW brace looks nice but spendy.... Going that route is $100 over a cheaper brace and half way to an SBR stamp, so I have decisions to make.

Finished building mine this evening. Turned out well so need to take it out bc have fun

Attachments

• C2140CF1-E29D-4A81-A292-403F95BC8EBA.jpeg
    C2140CF1-E29D-4A81-A292-403F95BC8EBA.jpeg
    550.9 KB · Views: 326
  • 6B2234EF-F454-495F-8566-25BC51A4F375.jpeg
    6B2234EF-F454-495F-8566-25BC51A4F375.jpeg
    573.8 KB · Views: 135
  • 2358F08C-2FB1-4346-8ACE-39E5B35FA5AD.jpeg
    2358F08C-2FB1-4346-8ACE-39E5B35FA5AD.jpeg
    525.2 KB · Views: 355
You guys are quick. Ive got one of the lowers sitting patiently in line to be built. I'll probably go with a spartan side charge and CMMG RDB setup. You guys going straight blowback?

You guys are quick. Ive got one of the lowers sitting patiently in line to be built. I'll probably go with a spartan side charge and CMMG RDB setup. You guys going straight blowback?

Yeah. For me it's gonna be a 147gr sub launcher with the can so the cmmg rdb may be worthwhile. Gonna run blowback for now though. Let's see how dirty it gets.

I was lucky to land one from the opening-day release. Submitted a Form 1 the day I picked everything up from my FFL (receiver set, barrel, LPK, etc...). After a 30-day wait for e-forms, it currently sits as a 5.5" SBR underneath a 7" handguard. I have a Rugged Obsidian 9 sitting in NFA jail that will eventually live its life mated to a 3-lug adapter on the EPC-9. For now, it looks like this (Griffin Armament posing under the handguard for perspective).

Attachments

• IMG_0946.jpeg
    IMG_0946.jpeg
    410.3 KB · Views: 3,620
Last edited: