• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Aero Precision Solus bolt hitting scope

tacticalweaponsystemsllc@

Private
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2023
Tumtum, Washington
I have a solus action in 6mm Creedmoor. I installed a Vortex diamondback tactical scope 6 x24 30mm tube with Vortex medium scope rings.
The bolt when removed hits the scope as it has to be tilted to the 12 oclock position to go back in..
It does not look like taller rings will help as there is that much bolt handle hitting the scope.
For proper eye relief I cannot move the scope much further up and it still looks like it will hit.
My stock is a MDT Timbe Frontier.
I dont see a way to fix this. Has anyone else ran into this problem with the solus action?
Thank you.

Pics?

Should have to have the bolt handle straight up, being it’s a three lug 60 degree or whatever: is it cocked? Can you see the firing pin sticking out the front of the bolt face? Is the back of the shroud sunken in or flush?

The bolt shouldn't be at 12 o'clock to re-insert, you're one lug rotation off. It's a 60-deg bolt throw. Rotate the bolt so it's at the same alignment as it would be when you're ejecting a cartridge and slide it in.

PXL_20231114_004507164.jpg
PXL_20231114_004507164.jpg
PXL_20231114_004338263.jpg

You’ll have to recock it out of the receiver.

Reactions: ShtrRdy