• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Aero Precision Solus Bravo

OldSWAT644

Private
Minuteman
Apr 3, 2023
Ohio
So I’ve been lurking here for a bit and reading. I went to a local gun store and had a chance to look at both the Bravo Model and the competition model. The Bravo in 308 is on sale for $1,300.00 I really liked that specific. It felt balanced to me the bolt was pretty smooth and the trigger wasn’t bad. I know it can be replaced with a trigger tech or timmney.

I also understand that the barrel is a Ballistics Advantage so it’s okay it not a high end barrel. One of the gun guys at the counter who is into PRS said they have sold about 11 of them in both 308 and 6.5 CM and the guys that have bought them have had positive experiences with the Solus.

Now a salesman is exactly that regardless of commission or not. Those of you who have a Solus what is your opinion on them.

The last bolt gun I owned was probably 10 years ago or so. I had a Rem 700 LTR in 308. I hane a 15 1/2 inch LOP so I put it in an AICS Chassis system from Mile High Shooting as they used to be a sponsor here. It’s been so long since I was a member here that the Mega 10 AR was the latest and greatest. I had a NF NXS that I also bought from another site sponsor so it’s been a while and a lot has changed. I sold that Rem 700 set up years ago.

So those of you that own them what do you think? I will probably end up with a FFP of some sort like a Razor for and optic and an Atlas bipod or the likes. and with a 1:10 twist 20 inch barrel there are plenty of 308 ammo options besides FGGM like the Hornady ELD Match.

Last edited:
I had a chance to handle one a new shooter student brought to a train up class, and it really wasn’t my cup of tea. For $1300, it’s a good rifle, but it was underweight and balanced far rearward.

Solus barreled action in a Woox chassis. 6 shot group with 6mm Creedmoor hornady match ammo. No complaints.

Attachments

• Ballistic-X-Export-2024-01-26 16_22_36.355802.jpg
    Ballistic-X-Export-2024-01-26 16_22_36.355802.jpg
    465.9 KB · Views: 69
Reactions: RUTGERS95 and FuhQ
I had a chance to handle one a new shooter student brought to a train up class, and it really wasn’t my cup of tea. For $1300, it’s a good rifle, but it was underweight and balanced far rearward.
DId it have the chassis or the stock? But good thing that can be easily fixed with some m-lok weights or similar.

I was originally going to build an ARC Coup de gras. However work is slow money is tight and at 40 y/o I have a new kid. (I’m still learning how it works). So the compromise was a Solus bravo. The purpose was to be a new hunting rifle… holy shit she a heavy bitch. I went with the bravo because of the offered barrel lengths and I lied to myself thinking I was still a tough guy. Aside from the weight I’ve been impressed with the gun especially for what I paid. I agree the balance is slightly rearward but that suits my purpose. Offhand shots with this beast is not ez.

I’ll still build a coup de gras but it’ll have to wait a couple of years. I’m thinking 7mm prc or 300 prc with 18” barrel.