• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Aero Precision Solus Hunter scope rings.

RakkasanBLS

Private
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2024
Indiana
I have an Aero Precision Solus Hunter in .308 on the way. Looking for some opinions on rings. Probably going to go with an Arken optic. Thanks

Reactions: FuhQ
I went with ARC rings, but the alloy Badgers are like a half ounce lighter iffin I remember correctly.

All boils down to personal preference on looks for the two.

Hard to go wrong with any quality rings these days honestly

I guess the reason I'm asking is I just put an Arken EPL-4 6-24x50 with an Arken 20 MOA one piece mount on a Sig Cross. Trying to zero it and I'm out of adjustment to lower the POI at 50 yds. I've been around firearms my whole life but don't have a lot of experience with scopes.

Reactions: Modoc
Doesn’t the cross gave an integral 20moa base? Your adding a 20 moa mount makes 40moa, probably hard or impossible to zero at 50 with a setup like that in general

Reactions: Modoc
I've got a set of Vortex Pro Series holding a Match Pro ED...they seem to work just fine, are reasonably priced (60% the cost of Seekins), and are made in the USA.

That's what I figured was going on. So should I get some regular rings?
Anything but another 20moa cant. If you like a one piece mount, find one that doesn’t have any built in cant. There are plenty of options to choose from from mild to wild in the price range.

I personally don’t see a need for a one piece mount on a bolt action BUT that is just my opinion

I ran low rings, but am using a smaller scope on the objective side. Low or medium will work for just about any scope on that action.

Reactions: RakkasanBLS