• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Aero Solus 17" or 15" weight?

sasquatch98226

Private
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2007
Does anyone have an actual weight on the Solus Chassis either the 15" or the 17"? The website is a bit confusing in that if you do the math it looks like the 15" is heavier than the 17" Looking at maybe putting a Hunter rifle together with some other light weight parts, but the chassis is a big item.

Thanks.

I picked one up for a NRLH 16 lb build.

17” weighs 4 lb 11oz on my scale.
The website weights appear to be way off.

As another data point, their 22” Sendero 6.5C barreled action weighs 6 lb 6.1oz

It’s just over 16lb with a dirty Nomad Ti, Strike Eagle 5-25 & Atlas CAL w/leg extensions. If running a brake, it’ll be under 16. If running an LHT, it’ll be closer to 15lb.

IMG_3703.jpeg

3lbs puts it around the same weight as the KRG Bravo but with a forearm 6" longer and a metal buttstock. Seems extremely unlikely.

Sounds like one or both of us need calibration. I’ll see what I can do to verify mine.
I just realized what happened… I didn’t factor in the weight of the FFT stock as well. So, yeah, it would be about the 4 lbs. 8-9 oz. like the specs say. The weight difference between the 2 was 3 lbs. My bad. It’s been Monday already… 🤦🏼🤦🏼🤦🏼

IMG_2271.jpegIMG_2272.jpeg

Last edited:
That would do it. I just verified mine against 2 UPS shipping scales, it's only 0.2oz off at 18.5lbs, so I trust my numbers are very close to actual.