• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Aero Solus bolt fluting?

PRSDietitian

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2023
Texas
I havent examined a solus bolt. But is it possible to spiral flute the bolt or is there anything design related that would prevent this?

That would look good. I really wish they could offer a Solus 2.0 and it would have a nice heavy fluted bolt like the CDG. Just to fancy it up a little bit.

Maybe @John.Warren4 can give some insight...

I agree! I remember when they released the look of the action before it went on sale, I was thinking to myself it looks very similar to the aesthetics of the impact, but without a fluted bolt.

I just saw the other day that Aero came out with two new versions of the Solus, the Obsidian and the Lightweight, both of which have fluted bolts.

Might fit what you're looking to do while keeping the nitride treatment, the LW in particular looks like a nice place to start for a hunting rig.

Funny that you mentioned this! I posted about this on another thread that I had. I am getting one of these as soon as primary arms starts carrying them so that I don’t have to worry about shipping.

Reactions: Gtscotty
I don't know how you would go about it on the old bolts, there is no way I see it would wrap the entire bolt body.

Edit, I was told mid year on a 223 and first quarter on available .540" bolt heads, then second one hasn't happened.

IMG_3779.jpeg
IMG_3780.jpeg
IMG_3781.jpeg

Reactions: FuhQ
That would be awesome on the mid year, really hope it's a 16.5 barrel
I’d be all about a 16.5” .300 BLK with a 1:5 or 1:7 twist in a chassis. Then I could sell my Ruger American Ranch .300 BLK that has never really impressed me that much. 👍🏼