• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AeroPress coffee

Steel head

Feral kitten
Minuteman
  • Aug 3, 2014
    Washington
    I just bought one.
    It makes some fabulous coffee and it’s made in the USA

FC656971-EB80-4E0F-A0B0-7A0BD1D8F485.jpeg

My really good Volcanica Coffee is at work but I’m quite pleased with the middle tier coffee I just tried it with.

Been using mine (now on my 3rd...or 4th?) for years. Absolutely love it. Nothing magic, but it definitely allows you to make less good coffee, better.

Reactions: camocorvette
    Been using one for a couple of years now. Definitely a fan.

I have been using one for so long that when I taste coffee made from a drip maker, I don't even think it tastes like coffee.

use nothing but the inverted method anymore

Been using one for 7 years now I think. Wish they made a bigger one so I’d get more than just one cup at a time.

I've always avoided my French press because of the clean up no matter how much better the coffee is.
    How is this for clean up?

I have worn out a few over the years. The Areopress makes the best coffee, with my Chemex a close second.

I too run the Aeropress. Twice each morning, so that My Lady and I each get a cup. This way too, I can get the 'same' coffee when we're living on the boat. I don't need to have an espresso-machine or anything like that, anymore.

Our usual morning coffee section of the counter has been reduced in size, also. LESS INFRASTRUCTURE to get the same (better?) effect. Awesome.

Reactions: Steel head
    I too run the Aeropress. Twice each morning, so that My Lady and I each get a cup. This way too, I can get the 'same' coffee when we're living on the boat. I don't need to have an espresso-machine or anything like that, anymore.

Our usual morning coffee section of the counter has been reduced in size, also. LESS INFRASTRUCTURE to get the same (better?) effect. Awesome.
    My wife would love that... you know, with nespresso, kuerig, Cuisinart and French press all taking up room. My espresso machine resides at work. So....

I have a 10 cup stainless bialetti at home.
    It’s fantastic but it’s not my favorite for some of the really high end coffee.

A good pour over or aeropress really makes the not for poors coffee pop and gives you a significantly better cup of num nums.

This is one great coffee that is amazing in the bialetti
    AC7B972E-3906-4DFD-B0CF-7417A1C20541.jpeg

A very distinct raspberry/dark chocolate ice cream flavor.

been thinking about trying to grow my own coffee beans there are plenty abandoned cats in the neighborhood to eat them if they will just need workers to collect the poop I mean coffee beans then clean dry and sell yea make me rich just to buy even more powder , primers , cases , and bullets it's the circle of life lol .

been thinking about trying to grow my own coffee beans there are plenty abandoned cats in the neighborhood to eat them if they will just need workers to collect the poop I mean coffee beans then clean dry and sell yea make me rich just to buy even more powder , primers , cases , and bullets it's the circle of life lol .
    My cat is an asshole and won’t eat the beans!
    😡
    Plan B-force feed the surviving hookers in the basement beans and try that route.

Didn't know that there were any overt coffee nerds on SH... This just got interesting!

There are other coffee threads here if you do a search.

I still have never tried the aeropress. My fav is a pour over and I've got it down to perfection.

What's your secret formula?

It's really just experimenting to find what works with your preferred coffee. Try different volumes of grounds, find the right coarseness in grinding, and play with how you pour. There are youtube coffee pour over videos that give some tips. I've found that pouring very slow and even around the grounds is best and I bring the water to a boil then pour. This seems to work best for my tastes no matter what beans I have.

I was hooked after I had a really great pour over that a friend made me. Before that I never knew how awesome coffee could be. I started experimenting and found that if you want to extract maximum flavor, you have to find the right technique for the coffee bean that you are working with. It's not complicated, just get a baseline technique down then change things until you get whatever bean you are working with to really pop. The biggest variables are how you grind and volume for me. Just experiment.

I will brag a little bit. I do pour overs at my desk at work. When our S. American colleagues come in to the office they stop by my desk just for my coffee. If anyone knows good coffee it's those guys so I was happy with it but when they show up and tell me it's good I believe them.

It's really just experimenting to find what works with your preferred coffee. Try different volumes of grounds, find the right coarseness in grinding, and play with how you pour. There are youtube coffee pour over videos that give some tips. I've found that pouring very slow and even around the grounds is best and I bring the water to a boil then pour. This seems to work best for my tastes no matter what beans I have.

I was hooked after I had a really great pour over that a friend made me. Before that I never knew how awesome coffee could be. I started experimenting and found that if you want to extract maximum flavor, you have to find the right technique for the coffee bean that you are working with. It's not complicated, just get a baseline technique down then change things until you get whatever bean you are working with to really pop. The biggest variables are how you grind and volume for me. Just experiment.

I will brag a little bit. I do pour overs at my desk at work. When our S. American colleagues come in to the office they stop by my desk just for my coffee. If anyone knows good coffee it's those guys so I was happy with it but when they show up and tell me it's good I believe them.
    I can appreciate this, I'm a bit of a coffee snob myself and have my favorite brews,

Reactions: atomic41
    Aero press is good, always goes with me for road trips. Definitely makes a good cup of coffee.

I lean toward the V60 pour over ceramic lately, I also dial back the weight of the coffee a little bit, it seems to mellow it out and bring out more of the flavor and less if the bitterness of most coffees.

Have not tried this.

Will think about it.
    already own a ridiculous amount of fancy coffee stuff…..

seriously.

the right set up can make a darn good cup from even cheap beans from Costco. You dont recognize it vs from a drip pot.

Reactions: Kwe1982
    I can confirm volcanica Costa rica geisha is a religious experience in the aeropress

Last edited:
    Aero press is also my favorite. I have been thinking about building a 16oz stainless version. I'm making a shot of coffee right now.....
    I was just thinking to myself after reading people wishing there was a 16oz version that it wouldn't be hard to design and have one made, although I would consider having the main body made from a polymer to keep heat transfer at a minimum. I may have to buy an aeropress now just so I can design a 16oz one.

The Mocca Master is supposed to make a good cup of coffee.

It's the Cadillac of drip coffee makers thats for sure... but IMO it still doesnt touch the quality of an aeropress, bialetti, cheap french press, etc...

Another AeroPress lover here. I've been using it for years and it's been fantastic. I've also tried the Volcanica coffee. It's good, but I found Smoking Beans suits my tastes better. They roast the beans to your desired level the day you place your order, so what you're getting is fresh from the roaster. I prefer the Ugandan with their city roast, which is a medium dark. Grinding your own beans just before you make your brew is the key!

Reactions: godofthunder
    8 O’clock in a 12 cup Mr. Coffee using tap water or gtfo.