• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Affirmative action hires, here's what they look like

Maybe I'm retarded but how does one have a degree in accounting and not understand accounting?
As an accountant, I can confirm that my degree was useless and I graduated summa cum laude at the top of my class.

It took about seven years of working 80-100 hours in the busy season and ~60 hours in the off season before I stopped feeling like a worthless hack.

The same applies to most professional degrees. There’s no shortcut when it comes to experience.

Not necessarily a diversity hire. The first few years at a big 4 firm are intended to weed out people who don't belong. The corporate world isn't meant for everyone. Good for her for realizing it; but good luck getting another job, let alone one that pays as much. She'll have her only fans page up and running in a month.

Reactions: Bender
Not necessarily a diversity hire. The first few years at a big 4 firm are intended to weed out people who don't belong. The corporate world isn't meant for everyone. Good for her for realizing it; but good luck getting another job, let alone one that pays as much. She'll have her only fans page up and running in a month.

Well, it's one thing to not like working for the big firms. It's quite another to not have even a basic understanding of the subject matter.

As an accountant, I can confirm that my degree was useless and I graduated summa cum laude at the top of my class.

It took about seven years of working 80-100 hours in the busy season and ~60 hours in the off season before I stopped feeling like a worthless hack.

The same applies to most professional degrees. There’s no shortcut when it comes to experience.

This is so true and I respect you for saying it.

I went an spoke to a metalworking class at my high school several years ago about career opportunities in my industry (structural steel fabrication/construction). I wanted to give them some actual facts about college and did a little research to get my facts straight. I don't remember the exact numbers I found in my research, but it was something like:
a. Less than 20% of people who graduate college actually end up working in the field for which they studied.
b. Around 90% of the people who DID end up working in the field for which they studied admitted that their studies did not prepare them for their actual job/work duties. Most admitted it took 3+ years before they felt reasonably comfortable/knowledgeable of the scope of their duties, and that they learned more in a few months of o.j.t. than they did in 4+ years of college.

I think that we've done a lot of young people a disservice by telling them that they have to go to college to be successful or that college is the precursor to success. Obviously, there are a lot of careers that warrant a college degree, but for every person who attended college for the right reason/career, there are probably 7 that would have been better served taking a different path.....or at the very least, waiting a few years before enrolling in college, not jumping in right after graduating high school with no plan for their future.

Yep, ya gotta know when youre not cut our for it.

In the early 70's when jobs were tough I hired on as a union painter at a refinery in Corpus Christi making at the time great union wages. They gave you a scraper, wire brush, and sand paper. I sanded the same pump 3 times then they painted it. Finally work was a slow so the supervisor sent me up about 10 stories on a rig and said "I dont want to see you until Friday." after a week I had to quit, couldnt take the boredom.

This^^^

I am a CPA as well and went to work for a one of the Big 8 right out of grad school and didn't know shit about real world accounting. Things were different back then and It was a grind working 60 to 80 hours a week. Absolutely hated it and went to work for a large construction company after a little over a year. Best decision I ever made.

I used to do corporate safety/security/business intelligence assessments around the nation. Top 5 companies in the Fortune 500. I can’t tell you how many female employees I encountered who were 6 digit salaried that produced nothing for the companies other than they were attractive.

This gal is a dime a dozen, and then even more lucrative minded to make a big scene of her exit and undoubtedly make more money notoriously.

Just finished the article in the OP. Holy shit. Just wait until the diversity hires get into the surgical profession.

We have fallen so far into the pit of asshattery that we might as well change the national anthem to “Retard Bus” by Wesley Willis.

Maybe I'm retarded but how does one have a degree in accounting and not understand accounting?
A masters degree even.

There was a recent article posted about an organic chemistry prof who noticed these future doctors, didn’t study, didn’t even know how to study, and were misreading questions on the test.

Schools are service businesses.

4uggbb.jpg
85132097-bf4b-4cf6-b09e-1d71c3ffbf0c_text.gif

This^^^

I am a CPA as well and went to work for a one of the Big 8 right out of grad school and didn't know shit about real world accounting. Things were different back then and It was a grind working 60 to 80 hours a week. Absolutely hated it and went to work for a large construction company after a little over a year. Best decision I ever made.

I was at U of Dayton for Business with Major in Accounting during the early '80's

Watching the F-4 Phantoms (Rhino's of the 903rd) roaring over campus daily, as well as the other daily transient jets, motivated me to pursue a USAF pilot slot at Wright State ROTC program. Through lots of hard work and persistence (and luck - I originally had a Navigator slot after failing the first eye test. My senior year I passed the eye exam and was qualified for UPT(Undergrad Pilot Training). While #1 on the wait list, a UPT selectee decided he would rather be and engineer and turn in his UPT slot. The Commander called me into his office one day and gave me the GREAT news that I was going to UPT!

August of 1985 in the HOT sweltering summer heat of Columbus MS I had my dollar ride in the T-37. Puked first flight and passive airsick (I didn't fess up passive sick to avoid flight surgeon exam) the next few flights. Once I got acclimated to the jet I kicked butt and eventually graduated #3 (DG) out of 50 or so students.

Wanted to fly F-15, F-16 or A-10 after UPT and DG's (Distinguished Graduates) were 'promised' one of top 3 choices. But come assignment night I was given a T-37 Instructor assignment. After returning from Instructor Training at Randolph AFB, the wing exec told me why I got the T-37 instead of a fighter. the 2 star General Officer who's son was my classmate called to enquire about his son's assignment. Exec told the General his son was getting a T-37 assignment. The General replied "I thought my son wanted an F16?" A swap was made. classmate got the F16 I got the T37.

And when classmate got the F16; We (the other students) He' gonna kill himself in that jet (he was not a quick thinker and was on SMS in both T37 and T38 phases of training. (SMS = Special Monitoring Status) Students on SMS have exhibited either and or weak flying skills, academics, attitude etc. Bob was weak in flying and academics.

And Bob almost killed himself in the F16. He came within feet of becoming a lawn dart when he got lost from a 4-ship formation in Southern Europe. During a radar trail departure, he turned opposite direction of lead (he was #2). #3 pilot behind Bob said "Where are you going #2?" During the subsequent attempts to reform the 4 ship, Bob dove down through a break in the clouds but instead of finding the formation he was diving towards a mountain. HAL (the F-16 fly by wire computer) gave Bob the maximum 9 G's but he needed 9.2 or so. The F-16 engine intake scoop ingested olive tree branches during the dive pull out. The engine sputtered and compressor stalled and eventually quit from the damage. Bob ejected and was eventually picked up by some fishermen and returned to the base.

Bob was evaluated afterwards and instead of returning to F16, he was sent to B-52 training.

Anyway, side tracked on my Accounting story

Best decision I made in my 20's was to pursue USAF pilot training instead of sitting in cubicle crunching spreadsheets and taxes etc

My only regret was never getting trained in a fighter. Got rides in F15s, A-7s and A-37s but after the Gulf War 1 (1991) and the subsequent downsizing of the USAF, I was never in a position as a 2 year Captain to obtain a fighter job. Many combat experienced pilots transferring to the Guard/Reserves taking the few openings available. I only had 2000 hours of T37 time and would need a full course program which were only going to 2LT's.

So I then decided to pursue Airline job. Got hired in 1991 and still flying. MIA based and enjoying the flying and layovers in Latin America

A masters degree even.

There was a recent article posted about an organic chemistry prof who noticed these future doctors, didn’t study, didn’t even know how to study, and were misreading questions on the test.

I had someone apply for a client manager position that graduated at the top of his class with an accounting degree from an Ivy League school that gave up on the CPA exam after failing multiple times.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. College degrees are a joke and have been for a while now. I have a wall full of framed diplomas and a collection of letters after my name that aren’t worth the frames they sit in.

Now when I see “BS in Accounting” from an expensive school on a resume, my first thought is “I’m not paying for that shit.”

This should t be the case…

I had someone apply for a client manager position that graduated at the top of his class with an accounting degree from an Ivy League school that gave up on the CPA exam after failing multiple times.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. College degrees are a joke and have been for a while now. I have a wall full of framed diplomas and a collection of letters after my name that aren’t worth the frames they sit in.

Now when I see “BS in Accounting” from an expensive school on a resume, my first thought is “I’m not paying for that shit.”

This should t be the case…

I had a Chemist apply that couldn't balance a chemical equation. They said management was worth the money.....I should have went to trade school.

This is pretty much universally true...

We have a saying in the skilled trades...

"No one smarter than a final year apprentice. No one dumber than a first year journeyman."

It was roughly 5 years after I got my journeyman's license before I was really comfortable.

Mike

Reactions: Yasherka
A masters degree even.

An accounting or any professional degree gives you the basics to understand concepts.. Corporate and tax accounting are very complex and takes years of experience to have a gain a true grasp of it. I am a PM on large construction projects with over 40 years of experience and while I learn something new on every project, it is the cumulative experience of all involved that makes a project successful. We hire all kinds of freshly minted engineers and put them in the field to work with seasoned superintendents to learn the business which is is not a quick process by any means.

Can't believe no one's mentioned affirmative action hires in government, the idiots I had to deal with when I applied for my social security disability just about made me crazy, never seen such lazy incompetent people in my life , if they worked in the private sector, they'd be fired in a week , unless of course they were related to or were fucking the boss , but that's a whole other stoty.

At least she had the integrity to quit. Most just sit around doing nothing, or at most substandard work, and dare the company to fire them.
People with moderate intelligence can fake it until they make it...which can take several months. If you can't figure it out in a year, you're just lazy, and stupid.

Branden

An accounting or any professional degree gives you the basics to understand concepts.. Corporate and tax accounting are very complex and takes years of experience to have a gain a true grasp of it. I am a PM on large construction projects with over 40 years of experience and while I learn something new on every project, it is the cumulative experience of all involved that makes a project successful. We hire all kinds of freshly minted engineers and put them in the field to work with seasoned superintendents to learn the business which is is not a quick process by any means.

Yeah, that’s the assumption, and for the most part history has demonstrated it to be valid. For sure the marketing of the colleges emphasizes that assumption. However, the costs of these degrees has ballooned while the abilities of the graduates are declining. Not trade specific knowledge, but basic problem solving skills. Professors, employers, coworkers, everyone is seeing the same wanting and it calls into question the value of the entire system when the graduates aren’t even bright, let alone scholastically talented.

Reactions: 308pirate
Does AOC have a masters in economics?

These schools are spoon feeding certain people to get their statistics up.

It's possible but I didn't graduate that long ago and the professors did not grant much leniency. You basically got a grade reflective of the amount of work you put into the class.

I would like to think it hasn't changed that much but after hearing people were able to do labs online, it kind of made me question the quality of education.

Can't believe no one's mentioned affirmative action hires in government, the idiots I had to deal with when I applied for my social security disability just about made me crazy, never seen such lazy incompetent people in my life , if they worked in the private sector, they'd be fired in a week , unless of course they were related to or were fucking the boss , but that's a whole other stoty.
Political affirmative hires ????

This^^^

Went down the CPA path with a Big 4 firm out of college. My degree, and high GPA, were mostly a gate keeper to the job as my learning started the day I joined the firm. I stayed for several years after which I was known as a "Firm Name CPA" or "Big 4 CPA" and nobody cared where I went to school - it didn't matter. At one point managed the on-boarding / training of new hires for a multi state region. It was 4-5 weeks of pretty intense training for new hires coming right out of college. Some failed quickly - many were gone in a few years after they completed the experience requirements for their CPA license (took 2-3 years) and moved on. We hired the "best and brightest" from certain schools only - we picked you rather than taking in resumes or applications yet many were not ready for it. Some, while star students, had never had a job, couldn't write, froze when trying to interact with execs, etc. I'm sure it hasn't gotten better. It was "up or out" meaning you had to be ready to go to the next level every year. There was no "good job but we're going to give you more time to master the necessary skills". You were ready or gone. I loved it! Went on well prepared to take on CFO and other exec roles and enjoyed the job at that level.

I wish .gov used the up or out system...

Went down the CPA path with a Big 4 firm out of college. My degree, and high GPA, were mostly a gate keeper to the job as my learning started the day I joined the firm. I stayed for several years after which I was known as a "Firm Name CPA" or "Big 4 CPA" and nobody cared where I went to school - it didn't matter. At one point managed the on-boarding / training of new hires for a multi state region. It was 4-5 weeks of pretty intense training for new hires coming right out of college. Some failed quickly - many were gone in a few years after they completed the experience requirements for their CPA license (took 2-3 years) and moved on. We hired the "best and brightest" from certain schools only - we picked you rather than taking in resumes or applications yet many were not ready for it. Some, while star students, had never had a job, couldn't write, froze when trying to interact with execs, etc. I'm sure it hasn't gotten better. It was "up or out" meaning you had to be ready to go to the next level every year. There was no "good job but we're going to give you more time to master the necessary skills". You were ready or gone. I loved it! Went on well prepared to take on CFO and other exec roles and enjoyed the job at that level.

Started at Peat Marwick right out of school in 1981. Managers referred to us as RGU's (revenue generating units). It was a grind and they treated associates like crap and expected high turnover at the associate level and was at 100% the year I was there. Hated it but would do it all over again because the experience benefited me greatly in my career. Everything we did was scrutinized unmercifully and the P66 reviews were brutal. I paid my way through college as welder on a large ranch and the oil fields so I was used to a rough and tumble work environment. I just came to the conclusion I didn't like accounting and preferred to build things.

snip….

Gov is composed entirely of affirmative action hires, misfits, and criminals. These are the type of people that thrive in this horrid shitfilled environment. Government rewards incompetence and waste as it leads to higher budgets to “fix” the problem. It’s the complete opposite of how the private sector works. Show me a man that excels in the public sector and I can say without a doubt he is a worthless POS.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoDopes
a talk about my favorite rant: college equaling nothing in the real world.
got my RN license in '71 thru an AA degree. at the time,most RNs were products of 3 year hospital based training programs where they served as slave labor for an industry that refused to pay work worthy wages. appealed to the "nurturing" side that women have. these women did learn in a real world and it showed. AA degreed people were only starting to become common. many us came from a low level hospital job and did get the real world. bachelor degreed nurses were rare. MSN didn't hardly exist outside of faculty jobs. it did take 2-3 years for experience to catch most people up to a level field. that definitely applied to university trained types. i learned far more hands on skills working as an orderly in ERs and PARs
than i ever did in school. most of any advanced skills we were told we were to learn after employment. our educators had no clue how to do any of those things. most of the BSN holders back then were totally useless. they were led to believe that their role was to be supervisors,now called "managers".
the abuse of the CRNA situation is a prime example of the university system being useless,exploitative and counter productive. in the 70s an 18 mo. course and passing a state board was needed. then they were made to have a BS to start. then a MS was required. now a PhD is needed to become CRNA certified. they have to also maintain RN,CRNA,RNP licenses-more $ for the gov. and more big $ for a university system that does nothing but pile on more woke bullshit. worked around anesthesia most of my 40 years and CRNAs have mostly been superb practitioners. they were in the 70s and they still were when i retired. forcing "advanced" degrees on any vocational group pretty much amounts to added brain washing and power for the useless participants in any field. "them that can,does. them that can't teaches." there are worthy teachers in any field but the effect of "ticket punching" can easily be seen,esp in the military.

There was a professor from Yale or some Ivy League school that basically said the same thing. The credential / degree system is a scam. IIRC he was dealing with engineers.

I was at U of Dayton for Business with Major in Accounting during the early '80's

Watching the F-4 Phantoms (Rhino's of the 903rd) roaring over campus daily, as well as the other daily transient jets, motivated me to pursue a USAF pilot slot at Wright State ROTC program. Through lots of hard work and persistence (and luck - I originally had a Navigator slot after failing the first eye test. My senior year I passed the eye exam and was qualified for UPT(Undergrad Pilot Training). While #1 on the wait list, a UPT selectee decided he would rather be and engineer and turn in his UPT slot. The Commander called me into his office one day and gave me the GREAT news that I was going to UPT!

August of 1985 in the HOT sweltering summer heat of Columbus MS I had my dollar ride in the T-37. Puked first flight and passive airsick (I didn't fess up passive sick to avoid flight surgeon exam) the next few flights. Once I got acclimated to the jet I kicked butt and eventually graduated #3 (DG) out of 50 or so students.

Wanted to fly F-15, F-16 or A-10 after UPT and DG's (Distinguished Graduates) were 'promised' one of top 3 choices. But come assignment night I was given a T-37 Instructor assignment. After returning from Instructor Training at Randolph AFB, the wing exec told me why I got the T-37 instead of a fighter. the 2 star General Officer who's son was my classmate called to enquire about his son's assignment. Exec told the General his son was getting a T-37 assignment. The General replied "I thought my son wanted an F16?" A swap was made. classmate got the F16 I got the T37.

And when classmate got the F16; We (the other students) He' gonna kill himself in that jet (he was not a quick thinker and was on SMS in both T37 and T38 phases of training. (SMS = Special Monitoring Status) Students on SMS have exhibited either and or weak flying skills, academics, attitude etc. Bob was weak in flying and academics.

And Bob almost killed himself in the F16. He came within feet of becoming a lawn dart when he got lost from a 4-ship formation in Southern Europe. During a radar trail departure, he turned opposite direction of lead (he was #2). #3 pilot behind Bob said "Where are you going #2?" During the subsequent attempts to reform the 4 ship, Bob dove down through a break in the clouds but instead of finding the formation he was diving towards a mountain. HAL (the F-16 fly by wire computer) gave Bob the maximum 9 G's but he needed 9.2 or so. The F-16 engine intake scoop ingested olive tree branches during the dive pull out. The engine sputtered and compressor stalled and eventually quit from the damage. Bob ejected and was eventually picked up by some fishermen and returned to the base.

Bob was evaluated afterwards and instead of returning to F16, he was sent to B-52 training.

Anyway, side tracked on my Accounting story

Best decision I made in my 20's was to pursue USAF pilot training instead of sitting in cubicle crunching spreadsheets and taxes etc

My only regret was never getting trained in a fighter. Got rides in F15s, A-7s and A-37s but after the Gulf War 1 (1991) and the subsequent downsizing of the USAF, I was never in a position as a 2 year Captain to obtain a fighter job. Many combat experienced pilots transferring to the Guard/Reserves taking the few openings available. I only had 2000 hours of T37 time and would need a full course program which were only going to 2LT's.

So I then decided to pursue Airline job. Got hired in 1991 and still flying. MIA based and enjoying the flying and layovers in Latin America
Post your skin trophies! Lmao!

Post your skin trophies! Lmao!

Ouch....

READ IN YOUR BEST PREWOKE DISCOVERY CHANNEL VOICE...

Here in the hot weather of the Serengeti, we see the mighty Bender patiently hiding, waiting in the tall grass...stalking and scanning for his prey to expose himself. Once the poor prey, innocently types his life story, the Bender strikes! Leaving behind hurt souls, cheap hookers, and destroyed dreams.......and of course.....the skin trophies!

Here in the bush....we call it......"the stick and move". The Bender now moves on to his next prey........

• Love
Even as someone who is a bit older, the trend was there back in my day. I was fortunate our professors pushed us hard with the expectation of grad school. There was a clear difference between "us" and "Engineers" while the Engineers all looked down on Business.

After Grad school, everyone expects a PhD to be an ivory tower, and yet I spent as much time in the machine shop as I did in the class room (No one has that level equipment in stock, you build it, wire it, fix it).

But I also noticed some of the smaller school graduates has super grade inflation, their real ability was dick, compared to mine. We had a lot of AA admits that flunked out and it was me and the Chinese/Koreans/Japanese who graduated. (True story, My absolute "I DONT GIVE A FUCK" Professor telling some Feminist candiate she was gonna fail because she just wasn't smart. Guy gave 0 fucks--Tenure was awesome, we all knew it, we just couldn't say it)

Fast Forward to that first job as a process "engineer" and yeah, they did not want me touching the tool. Spent two weeks at the manufacturing facility in training for the first of a kind and those 1st engineers being trained with bachelors were 3-4 times slower than my crew. Those guys showed from the company to work on my equipment and they weren't allowed to touch it--I knew what clueless turds they were, and I could tear the machine apart blindfolded and rebuild it myself. WE set the record for fastest install and the only one on schedule in a new site. Trained every last tech and engineer in my section.

Pissed off my Equipment guy at TI as he like to bullshit about how long things took. I had to remind him I HELPED WRITE THE DAMN PROCEDURE. That got him and his boss all pissy. What really pissed him off was when he would stall, I'd go fix it as a process guy (TI has separate process and equipment engineers, Intel you did both).

Even now my son worked in a facility and he would complain equipment was down for 18 hours and I'd mention the Maintenance time was 6 hours. (again I wrote the damn procedure). Also remember on a Job app, I got an offer because I was one of the few candidates who could work an oscilloscope and bend a wire probe to stick in a straw. Fuck I wired 24 superconducting connections in a 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch square using Rose Alloy, that's a cakewalk

Its all a bullshit game of who you know, who knows who, who's related to who and who blows who.

I got students paying 5k a pop to take my class (Im just an adjunct, nothing special--private U is a scam), but I picked it up for free self-taught. Bastards can barely follow directions and I've had enough and am walking away in the spring. Tired of their bullshit excuses, 0 effort, arguing over every last detail. (Buddy turned it in late, why am I penalized! He's just my partner!!).

Find some other bastard to teach it. I have to program the Terminator to find Sarah Conner.

Sorry got a little rant-y

Reactions: Yasherka
Ouch....

READ IN YOUR BEST PREWOKE DISCOVERY CHANNEL VOICE...

Here in the hot weather of the Serengeti, we see the mighty Bender patiently hiding, waiting in the tall grass...stalking and scanning for his prey to expose himself. Once the poor prey, innocently types his life story, the Bender strikes! Leaving behind hurt souls, cheap hookers, and destroyed dreams.......and of course.....the skin trophies!

Here in the bush....we call it......"the stick and move". The Bender now moves on to his next prey........
He has them, I’ve seen a few lol

Gov is composed entirely of affirmative action hires, misfits, and criminals. These are the type of people that thrive in this horrid shitfilled environment. Government rewards incompetence and waste as it leads to higher budgets to “fix” the problem. It’s the complete opposite of how the private sector works. Show me a man that excels in the public sector and I can say without a doubt he is a worthless POS.
Do not ever ask them (those in the dot gov). They all claim that they are the most dedicated, hard working people and so are the people that they work with.

Reactions: SONIC SAAMI
A masters degree even.

Education, including many institutions, is merely a jobs program, designed to extract the maximum in wages, benefits, and retirement, in exchange for the minimum amount of work( typical union).