• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes After a year and a half my sr-8m is here

slyfox

Private
Minuteman
May 24, 2012
IN
Ok, so I put an order in with Lazy for an sr-8m a year and a half ago. After some waiting and some rework by USO it is finally here. Firstly let me say that Lazy was excellent to deal with throughout this entire process, but I think his reputation already speaks for itself here. I don't have any rifle time with this optic yet so I cant really comment quite yet on how it performs but just from man handling it for a while I am seriously impressed. There are plenty of good reviews and opinions on the SR-8 line from USO so if you need some more details look those up. The M model designates that it has dual illumination, a "red dot" (mine is blue) and reticle illumination (mine is also blue).

I actually panicked a bit when I got it because the illumination system on the reticle seemed to not work, and the red dot feature always started out in the lowest setting no matter how I left it last. After a bit of fidgeting and a call with USO I discovered the reticle did illuminate. The illumination on the reticle seemed quite a bit dimmer than my other USO scopes and I was told this was on purpose as this system is designed to sit behind night vision. As for the illumination always starting on the lowest setting that is because to fit dual illumination on one chip they had to leave something off because of physical space constraints on the chip. The only thing left off was previous setting memory. The fact that it starts at the lowest setting is actually nice if it ever is used with night vision to prevent a sudden blow out because you left the illumination on full.

Anyways here are a few pics. It is mounted into a gdi p-rom L and on my scar 16 the position is PERFECT.

28vps00.jpg

1x power, blue dot on
1197cc4.jpg

7x power, reticle illumination on
103vsky.jpg

My patience would have expired after about 1 month and I would have moved on to a different platform. Kudos to you and I hope it's worth the wait.