• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

After all the Custom action builds finally an AI Ordered

Just had mine out today. Your going to love it. The suppressed 6.5cm is much more pleasant to shoot then the braked 338 Lapua.

20210610_102522.jpg

I actually have an AT, TRG-22, and Bighorn TL2. I had a SRS A1 but traded it to a member for a Badger M2013 build and some cash.

So far I'm impressed with the M2013. The bolt lift is a little heavier than the AI but it's a really nice action.

ETA: When opening the action of the AI it's almost like it wants to open on its own while the Badger takes deliberate action. I'm not sure how to describe it.

ETA: The samb300 spigot adapter showed up this morning so I installed it in the M2013 chassis. Now I'm happy :cool:

The AI is 17.4lbs as pictured and the Badger is 18.4lbs as pictured because of the truck axle of a barrel.

Here are the cousins:
preview

Last edited:
Well I know the itch has been scratched, can’t wait till 1st of next week.
Plans are to make a trip to the range the following day. Will get is set up and checked out. Gotta get a few pics…
Posted a WTB earlier for a 6 dasher barrel and found that. So I’m set for a while..

• Love
Reactions: fx77 and CStroud
Looks good!

I've come to really like the bolt lift. The Badger M2013 that I just got is noticeably heavier than the AI but you get used to them.

It’s not terribly bad, just heavier than I’m used to. I know I’m shootings very light loads. Got 25 rounds down both. The heavy lift had me looking at my brass like, no way I was thinking.
Shot both these calibers for some time now and knew I was light.
Loading up 50 for each tonight, talking all my gear this time and will gather some data….

Reactions: ShtrRdy
You'll get used to the heaviness of the 60 degree bolt lift with more use. The AI bolt has a spring-loaded plunger that seats against the back of the receiver when the bolt is closed. When you open the bolt to primary extraction, that plunger actually assists opening the bolt the rest of the way. A pretty simple way of mitigating the bolt force issue.

48 rounds down on the 6.5 CM and shooting .77 MOA at 200 yards. Really liking 41.6 Gr 4350 Berger 140’s at 2,790 FPS.

The Dasher now has 98! rounds and shooting .54 MOA at 200 yards. 31.6 Gr Varget Berger 109’s at 2,865 FPS.

Absolutely to easy, bolt lift is settling in and getting used to it.

Should’ve done the switch a longtime back..

Monday will see how it performs at 500 yards.

Reactions: HenryTheAce
Going to do a little more load development tomorrow and see how it holds together at 500 and 800 tomorrow…
Will advise…

I shot a buddy’s AT and said that’s it I have to have one. Sold a gun and a bunch of ammo and got the AT LE, I just loaded 40 rounds for the 6BR barrel today.

Reactions: ChristianSilver
Been an awesome ride getting here. Built some nice rifles along the way, learned a lot also.
But nothing I’ve experienced comes close to my AI…
Enjoy and take it all in. I’ve never found a rifle so easy to tune a load too…
I just finished loading 40 rounds for the Dasher and the CM. Headed out tomorrow and get out some decent distance on both calibers…

Got out today late, mirage was terrible at 95 degrees. Took both out to 510 yards, first firing on Lapua brass in both calibers.
Not my best at 500 yds but decent.

A7F254C4-66E8-4E1B-BD0A-2F3D8E4AF15A.jpeg
D336587B-380F-4590-9322-11472546557D.jpeg

Got to adjust my dope a little, just through in my avg muzzle velocity off the labradar..

Last edited: