• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing After market firing pin springs for Rem 700 308

Rainier42

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2010
New Hope, PA
All,

Have an 80s vintage Remington 700 in 308 that I've used for hunting/target shooting for many years. Of late I've been getting some miss fires and suspect it might be a tired out firing pin spring. Any thoughts on aftermarket springs such as Tubbs, etc or would I be better off sticking to the stock Remington?

Re: After market firing pin springs for Rem 700 308

have you ever striped it down and cleaned it, just a thought you may want to try it may be gumed up with old oil.

ejb ... yes, have had it apart and cleaned well. Thnx for the suggestion, though.

Tag I'm in the same boat with an old 700. Ive seen wolf springs on midway but am up in the air about getting one.

I use aftermarket firing pins on all of my 700s...They pretty simple to install. They are stronger & lighter and I like anything that decreases the trigger-pull to primer engagement.

The Tubb is a great setup but unless you get a performance pin too you won't notice much difference between them

I'd just get the factory and call it done