• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors After Market Glock 22 Barrel????

Sniper1*

Lieutenant
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2006
Rochester, IN
Just wondering what you guys would pick for the best aftermarket Glock 22 Barrel.

I have been running a Jarvis until in went TU on me on the range last week. Back to the stock barrel.

Bar Sto?

KKM?

Storm Lake?

Which is the best drop replacement?

Thanks guys,

Re: After Market Glock 22 Barrel????

What happened to the Jarvis? Just wondering because i use one in my G20. I also have a 6" kkm but have not used it much, so i cant help you there.

The forward "LUG" under the chamber sheared off completely. It was still in the frame of the gun and when I disassembled the slide from the frame the barrel and everything slid right off of the front. The Guide Rod and spring stayed with the frame as there was no tension because the lug it sets in was missing from the barrel. Obviously the gun went out of battery and would not fire, but shit, this was my duty gun also. Better to happen on the range.

I would have taken pics. but it has already been sent back to Jarvis. It should be noted that I have had this barrel for quite some time and it has had its share of bullets down the tube. We will see what Jarvis has to say.

Thanks,

Thats the first i have heard of that happening. Keep us updated on what they say about it and if they will replace it. Good luck.

Ask the guys at Lone Wolf in Idaho,I think they are the largest Glock parts and Accessories dealer in the US,pretty good to deal with also.

Why run an aftermarket barrel in your duty gun?

I second lone wolf, I was looking for a aftermarket drop in barrel for my G17 at one point and if I had to get one I was going to go with them cheap good and no machine work needed.

I've had some issues with my LWD conversion for my G20 but after talking with them, I've had some very good support and their armorer is helping a lot trying to nail down what's going on. To the point of even sending him some of my reloads for him to tailor the chamber to what my press is producing. Overall their CS is top notch.

My dad has an LWD for his G17 and it helped us find some undersized ammo from winchester. Feeding it properly sized ammo it shoots very well

It shoots better! With my setup, running the Jarvis barrel, I had no issues with head shots at 25 and just over. With the factory barrel, it just won't do it like the Jarvis would.

To me More Accurate is More Better. Glock barrel is great for combat shooting, for sure. But why not be as accurate as possible in all conditions.

My thoughts anyway!

Besides the Dept. lets me!

I've got similar concerns with the LWD: I have had good experiences with their own SS barrels, but problems with their black one. G17SS w/AAC evo 9=great, G23SS w/AAC evo.45=great, G19 w/AAC evo9=poor. Dan, LWD's armorer is very helpfull, but busy, still waiting on resolution.
Why aftermarket? Supressor, barrel for lead bullets and reloads in case of tradgedy, etc...

I had a lot of issues with a BarSto for a G19. I sent it back and still would not chamber and lock slide. BarSto lengthened the chamber when I sent it back. They said it was too tight. Fit and lock-up w/o a round was fine.
I went with KKM and have had no problem.
J

I have a Storm Lake in my G27 and is great had zero problems and shoot as good or better than factory.