• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Aftermarket Remington 700 Trigger?

dk17hmr

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2012
Wyoming
I have a couple Remington 700s an older 1970's ish and one I bought new in 2010. The trigger on the older rifle is amazing and consistant breaking at 2 pounds 10 ounces. The trigger on the new 700 is junk, the mark x (I thought) is suppose to be fully adjustable but I cant get it lower than 5 pounds 15 ounces, using my Lyman Digital trigger pull gauge.

I have a couple Timney triggers I like. One is on a Weatherby the other is on an AR. I also like the price of Timney triggers, are they any good for the 700? It will be on my 30-06 hunting rifle.

Re: Aftermarket Remington 700 Trigger?

I have a Timney for my Remington 700, its is the flat version. I have it adjusted to 3lbs. and its compromise for hunting and target shooting. This trigger has little to no creep..

Guess I could have put this in the gunsmithing section....

I was actually looking at the flat version. The trigger group I have on the AR is flat and I really like it.

I recently installed a Timney 510 (with safety) in my 700. It was set to 2.5lbs, and is simply an awesome piece. Only cost about $137 shipped from Timney direct.

Timneys are perfect for a precision trigger replacement for a 700 with the older style trigger.
I actually LIKE the new Xmark factory triggers better than the timney.
I have 4000+ rds through my 700 and the trigger breaks better than any timneys I have tried.

For budget triggers, I like Timney and Shilen, although I like the Shilen a tad bit better. The break is a little cleaner and I like the skinny trigger shoe better.

If cost is no object, Jewels are really nice. They are what I use on my bench/precision rifles.

Timney has been around a long time. That would be my choice as well on a bolt gun