• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Aftermarket Stock for Remington 660

Modoc

Plays in Traffic
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2009
Northern CA
I know that this is a long shot. I have a Remington 660 that was custom built during the early ‘80’s using a fiberglass stock for a 700 Short Action. I really like everything about it except for how the grip sits (too far back) and am looking for a new composite stock and BDL/Obendorf bottom metal. My internet searches have been unsucessful, so I’m reaching out to the Hide. I’m getting the feeling that I will probably have to send it out to have a stock built specifically for the 600/660.
36D47BBE-F5C6-4B6F-AC23-91D564C7D1B4.jpeg

This is my primary Big Game rifle in 7mm-08 and is very accurate. 5/8” @ 100 yards with 120g Barnes TTSX. It also has not held me back in NRS High Power Silhouette Hunter Class.

Thanks for the help.

My father built it using what he had available at the time, so there is some sentimental value, but he said get it to fit me better.

Reactions: sandwarrior
Stockys Stocks used to have a few selections for the 600/660. Might try them if you haven't already.
Stocky’s didn’t show any available when I looked this evening. Order of work looks like getting Memsahib’s permission and then calling Pendleton Custom and McMillian for availability and quotes. I’m not sure that I’ll be able to move away from the ADL/blind magazine set up.

You might want to look for stocks that fit the Remington 600 as I believe they are the same footprint. I know Boyd's has stocks for the 600.

I went thru this not long ago, posted about it here, also. 600 Mohawk with a fluted Hart barrel in some unknown synthetic stock, that was too long for me.
Basically there isn't much to choose from.
Boyds will inlet for it. McMillan told me all they could do was sell me a flat top with the remington tang(?) cut.
I was gonna go that route, so I reached out to a former co-worker who does some work with Collier Rifles in Georgia. He said they could do the inlet, but he offered to buy it...so we made a deal and I moved on.
Murphy makes a pic base for them.