• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Aftermarket trigger for Remington M7 with X-mark?

Double-edged

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2002
While it's no precision rifle, I love my little Remington Model 7 but want to replace the X-mark trigger with something different. I've backed the screw out so far I feel like it's going to impale my finger at some point. A lot of aftermarket trigger manufacturers don't make an aftermarket for the x-mark-equipped guns.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Re: Aftermarket trigger for Remington M7 with X-mark?

i use shilen m700 triggers for my model 7's. i also puchase the little rifle basix safety kit for them since the x-mark is not compatable. the only difference between model 7 and model 700 is the dogleg in the safety. model 700 having more. so i buy the new rifle basix kit and cut it down a re-spot weld it to the correct length.

I worked on one a while ago and if I remember correctly, I went with a Timney because it had a bolt stop lever or button that matched the model 7s bolt stop.
The model 7 stop wasn't the same as a 700. It didn't seem as though a 700 trigger would properly work on it.(by properly I don't just mean go boom, but have the safety and bolt stop work as it normally does on a model 7)

I remember their 700 trigger says its model 7 compatible... but thats only if you don't want the bolt stop to work. If you want it to work like it should, you need their "model 7" trigger.
So I don't get why'd they'd advertise their 700 trigger as being "compatable" when they have one built specifically for the model 7.
I don't think it came with everything though. I think I had to buy the bolt stop parts from Brownells or Midway. The Xmark parts cant be robbed I don't think.

Anyways, I know you can buy the parts ready to bolt/pin up. Check Timney triggers and parts from Brownells or Midway.

keith you must use the rifle basix parts kit and it all works great. the kit has safety lever, bolt release and the other small parts needed. midway sell the kit for around 34bucks