• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Aftermarket Triggers For Bergara B-14R ?

~JM~

Private
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2020
USA
Could we create a post on the various replacement triggers available for the Bergara B-14R?

I've read several posts on the subject. Sounds like some trigger assemblies are better suited than others due to the firing spring strength and/or aftermarket stocks.

What are some of the problems that have been encountered?

Which companies offerings "drop-in" and function trouble free?

Any other considerations?

Thank you.

Huber in mine had + .070 cock on close.
Shortened the cocking sear. Details in B14R wana be sticky thread

Bix’n Andy tacsport pro two stage couldn’t be happier. Calvin elite trigger had a great feel but gave a lighter firing pin strike.

Last edited:
Timney Calvin Elite Two Stage. Works in OEM stock and KRG Bravo.

Timney Calvin Elite 2 stage, didn't work without clearancing the stock and bottom metal.
When assembled it torqued the action to one side.

Attachments

• 20200625_211457.jpg
    20200625_211457.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 100
  • 20200625_211434.jpg
    20200625_211434.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 97
Remington 700 2 stage (blue housing) and tt diamond single stage.
Both worked flawless, no issues whatsoever

Bought a Triggertech special 2 stage flat trigger for mine. Waiting for it to come in and we will see how it performs. I like 2 stage triggers and I am hoping it will get to the 1#-1.5# range.

Bought a Triggertech special 2 stage flat trigger for mine. Waiting for it to come in and we will see how it performs. I like 2 stage triggers and I am hoping it will get to the 1#-1.5# range.
I put a Timney H.I.T. in mine with a factory stock. Perfect fit, perfect function, 6 ozs. Whats not to love.

I put a Timney H.I.T. in mine with a factory stock. Perfect fit, perfect function, 6 ozs. Whats not to love.
I have never used a Timney trigger but I have heard great things about them. I went with a triggertech because they seem to be more popular when looking at other builds. I only chose the special because I didn’t care about having less than a 1# trigger. My lightest current trigger is 2# and that’s pretty darn light. Glad you like your trigger. Maybe on my next build, I will look into it. Appreciate the input

JM, it was the TT Diamond. It's been awhile back but I believe I had issues with it being hard to cock, trigger pull inconsistency and possibly something else. The Elfmann R700 also had a few issues from being too wide for the factory DBM to not cocking. Elftmann fixed all the issues and the Elftmann works great and if you don't want/need a super light trigger the Elfmann is a lot cheaper than the B&A TacSport Pro.

Tac sport pro in mine. Single stage with the flat shoe set at 3.5oz. It is wonderful. Had it in for more than a year now and several thousand rounds through it with zero issues. Went to Lapua test center and even Luke was impressed with the feel and asking about it

Bumping this as I start working on my Black Friday shopping list. Who are the current leaders in drop-in, no fuss triggers for the Bergara B14R action? Does it matter if the action is left handed? I'm assuming the safety needs to be on the flip side? Are these relatively easy to install?

Thanks.

I have a Timney HIT trigger factory set at 8oz in a stock B-14R. Dropped right in and has been flawless for a year now.